• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Im an SI, I want an ILTIS

sgtdixon

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All, I Just Came home as of yesterday and after Completing My Survival Instructors Course (Now Rated More Demanding than USAF SERE) I wanted to know, Where can i Buy an Iltis in Alberta? If Anyone knows or has any Questions about the SI course ill be happy to them

Mustang 4 Out

If you want to make a brief trip through the Rockies, Fast Forward Automotive in Quesnel, BC sells the Iltis in North America.

"Pricing for a good Iltis, complete with a good top, doors and sound body and mechanical is around $12,500 Canadian Dollars plus 7% GST (7.5% PST if you live in BC). Delivery to any major center in Canada can be arranged."

Although the company sells both Cdn Bombardier and German VW Iltis, the company states:

"Typically we find that the German Iltis are in better condition than the Canadian Iltis. Most German Iltis come with accessories like tire chains, door bags, jack, tools, camouflage covers etc. Most Canadian models were made available to the public because the Canadian army has "written them off" and they were scavenged for parts - hence no neat accessories like the German models. Most German models are available due to the fact they have been phased out by the Mercedes Benz Geländewagen or Wolf as it is more commonly called in the Bundeswehr."

Furthermore, "The Volkswagen Iltis that we are importing from Germany are 100% street legal in all of Canada, including Ontario where the Bombardier Iltis can not be registered."

"These rust free, four wheel drive, Bundeswehr (German Army) Iltis average 40,000km and have never really seen any harsh use or abuse as they have been stored for most of their life in an underground bunker waiting for the invasion that never happened. "

Company contacts:

Fast Forward Automotive Inc
4356 Quesnel Hixon Rd
Quesnel BC V2J 6Z3

Tel: (250) 992-7755
Fax: (250) 992-1160
Email: iltis@fastforward.ca

All this info is available on the company‘s Iltis Page

Fast Forward Automotive‘s main website

Hope that helped.

Here‘s some more info from the site:

"1979 and 1985 German Made Volkswagen Iltis with German TüV technical inspection.

We have seen as low as 7,000km and as high as 150,000km the odometers with the average being around 60,000km

Units are available in Quesnel BC or Edmonton AB, Canada - delivery to your location is available

Canadian Import Tax and Canadian brokerage fees paid.

Importation taxes and fees to the USA are not included - we can help you with this issue - please inquire!

Each Iltis includes a spare tire, metal gas can, gas can locking bracket, tire chains, door and roof bags, mirror, headlight and windscreen covers, tire jack and block, wheel block, German and English service manuals, factory supplied field tools, cold weather grille cover plus other items!"

Hay Dixon
      I also have been looking for an Iltis, But for me it has come to a end thank god ::),I found it on a vary cool site called kijiji crazy name and yes it is spelled right. It has listings from all over Canada, it also has some good ones in Alberta, I found one in Calgary for $5000 and one in Grand Prairie for $7500.The 2 jeeps
seem to be in good con, but they are just too far for me just to look at, I live in SW Ontario, but like I was saying I have been lucky, I found my Iltis also on kijiji. The Iltis is in vary good shape for what it is, it come with a brand new motor and a lot of stuff such as a tool kit, jack and block,shovel, wire cutter jerry gas can it has a great top and doors,all new tires (army) and a trailer also with new tires.So 7 new tires and a new motor and vary vary little rust for $8000 so you can still get some good deals out there, I hope that you find this helpful and hope you find your Iltis.
                                                                                    exmil

Dixon,
you just missed a couple by 24hrs.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64298.15.html

I think you missed this little tidbit of info:  posted on: August 26, 2002, 02:22:00      ;)

Keep the information coming in your pursuit. It'll help out others who are trying to do the same.

Regards

Recce By Death said:
I think you missed this little tidbit of info:   posted on: August 26, 2002, 02:22:00      ;)

Keep the information coming in your pursuit. It'll help out others who are trying to do the same.

Regards

I just sold my 2nd Iltis on Ebay...there's 2 more there now! (and at least one a week up there usually)

Back