• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IFAK (What's in your kit?)

Still have my Blackhawk leg pouch...attached to my car bag now, since I don't have alot of day to day use for it working with civvies.  Mind you, if I could convince the RCMP to let me work with their ERT out here  ;D.

MM

I like the CTOMs slimline CFAK, fits on 2 rows of PALs, it's a tear away, can fit what is needed.

http://privatebloggins.ca/?p=57  - some good pictures of the CTOMs and gives a good list of what can be packed into it and how to pack it.

In the Private Bloggins review it was neat to see him place a Benchmade 8 Safety Cutter on the outside of his IFAK.  As long as you can get to it when belted inside a vehicle this is a good idea.

Personal safety cutters are now being procured for army personnel (and other personnel on land operations) with the CF taking possession this month I am told.  I know that the 1 x Benchmade 8 Safety Cutter was discussed but I am not sure if it won the contract. This requirement was based on lesson learned from the US in Iraq who sadly had a number of adverse outcomes from soldiers not being to self-escape their vehicle post fire or water immersion.

Anyone seen these fielded yet?  Did Benchmade win the 1.9 million dollar contract?

MC

Back