• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IED Explosion Claims Life of Sergeant Jason Boyes- March 16/ 2008

RHFC_piper

Reaction score
IED explosion claims life of Canadian soldier

Article link

A Canadian soldier died in Afghanistan late Tuesday after he stepped on an explosive device. He was carrying out a routine foot patrol in the turbulent Panjwaii District.

The military is temporarily withholding the identity of the slain soldier at the request of the family.

RIP Soldier...  :salute:

RIP Soldier.

Tuesday? I assume this is a typo?

[edit] corrected spelling

RIP  :salute: :cdn:
Condolences to family, friends and comrades of the fallen soldier,
Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Article link

Day has been changed in the article in question.  It did in fact happen today.

RIP soldier.

RHFC_piper said:
Time zones, perhaps...

They aren't 24 hours ahead. It's a typo.

My condolances to this fine soldier's family, friends and fellow soldiers at this time of their great loss.

ArmyVern said:
They aren't 24 hours ahead. It's a typo.

All the days seem to run together for me... for some reason, I thought it was Monday... I mean when the article was published (as it is Monday now).  And for some reason that made sense to me. 

Either way, this is sad news no matter what day it happened.  And as you said, Vern, condolences to the family, both civilian and military.

Again more bad news.

I am beginning to sound like a broken record.

DND News Release

News Release
Canadian Soldier Killed in Afghanistan
CEFCOM / COMFEC NR-08.014 - March 16, 2008

OTTAWA - A Canadian soldier was killed today by an explosive device while participating in a joint Afghan-Canadian foot patrol in the Zangabad region, in the District of Panjwayi, approximately 35 km South-West of Kandahar City. The soldier was immediately evacuated by helicopter to the Canadian-led multinational hospital at Kandahar Airfield, where he later succumbed to his wounds. The incident occurred at approximately 8:20 p.m. Kandahar time.

The name of the deceased soldier is being temporarily withheld at the request of the family.

At the time of the incident, the soldier’s unit was conducting a dismounted presence patrol in the area with Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF). These patrols are part of the many ways ANSF and ISAF show their presence, monitor the security situation and interact with the local population.

This incident will not deter us from continuing our work with the Government and the people of Afghanistan. Incidents like this one prove that, along with our Afghan National Security Force partners, Canadians need to continue working to bring about peace and security in the region.

We have lost a fine Canadian today, and our hearts go out to the family and friends of this brave soldier.

Some days, it seems like several in a row - condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the fallen...

:salute:

My condolences to the family, friends and comrades of the fallen Sgt Jason Boyes

His name liveth forevermore.
Rest, your service is done.  We'll take over from hereon in
At the going down of the sun,
and in the morn,
we will remember them!

CHIMO!

RIP - condolences to friends and family of the fallen.

A fallen soldier has left us,
but he did not go alone.

For a part of us went with him,
the day God had called him home.

Rest well, Brave Soldier

I send my family's condolences to the family, friends, and unit of the fallen.

RIP soldier, we all mourn your loss.

CAW

Back