• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Identifying the threat & Structuring for homeland defence [From: The Downward Diffusion of Combined Arms]

TCBF said:
"heck,.........I am curious , HOW MANY are walking free in Canada right NOW !"

All of them.

Tom

Isn't that frustrating? Here governments are doing a lot crap in the name of national security, and they never prosecute anyone. No one goes to jail, no one serves time.

The theory being, "well, terrorists plots of have been foiled". Maybe, maybe not. But generally in free societies, we like to see the bad guys behind bars, eventually. Come on, plotting to blow something up has to be a crime. Do the terrorists have to blow something up before they're guilty of something?

"Do the terrorists have to blow something up before they're guilty of something?"

No.  They have to blow something up, be caught, arrested, tried, and convicted.  THEN they are guilty of something.  Sorry.

Tom

oyaguy said:
The theory being, "well, terrorists plots of have been foiled". Maybe, maybe not. But generally in free societies, we like to see the bad guys behind bars, eventually. Come on, plotting to blow something up has to be a crime. Do the terrorists have to blow something up before they're guilty of something?

For the number of times I plotted to blow up various teachers cars and the like back in the day, would that have made me a terrorist?

No.

If I had actually have done it. Then I would be a criminal.

What we have to do, is somehow connect these "terrorists" to known groups, and depending on their activities, then as them to leave the country or deport them.

There are many ways to deal with terrorism.
It is a fact that terrorist organisations are directly involved in organised crime,drugs and money laundering and illegal weapons sales.

This is the first line of defence,catch them at these illegal acts ,before the drugs or guns kill your kids.
A more serious line to this problem,is when these organisations will start planning and then executing acts of terror using your hospitality,to launch attacks against the USA or even Israel.
The latter will have grave consequences for Canada politically and could even result in some form of retaliation causing a rift or destabilizing relationships between the members of the coalition.

I urge the members of this forum to carefully read the link I posted before,and there are many more such sites on the web.
When there is smoke,.........be sure there is some where a FIRE !! :skull:

America (US) has openly said, that if a country knowingly allow their territory to be used to plan ,train,
support or execute acts of terrorism against any other state or country, THEY ARE AS GUILTY AS THE TERRORIST.

It is therefore imperative that not only do you have to create,those forces to protect your own citizens,
BUT as important ,Canada requires the type and force size to prevent organisations within Canada from attacking any other country in the world.

The problem facing you is double edged, therefore when you decide to modernise,consolidate and create a new Canadian Defence Force, all of the above must be part of your new calculations.
Be wise in your analyses,while determining the new threat that face your Country.Those living under your umbrella of democracy,might be willing to sacrifice all that you stand for to achieve their selfish goals abroad.
??? Sea-dog   :salute:

Back