• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Identifying old stores in the RQ

daftandbarmy said:
'Citizens' who escalate the level of force beyond the capabilities of the civilian authorities to deal with the situation safely and successfully deserve to be landed on by a military force with enough of the right power and training to sort them out, matching force to force.

Hence the reason that Aid the the Civil Power/ Authourity one of our ongoing mandates, and the reason why we still need a wide range of tools and training to tailor our response to any given situation.
After a certain level of force, isn't it better, too, for it to not be police delivering it, as far as public perception? "The Army" can be dropped on a situation, do whatever civil authority requires, then more or less disappear: police are a permanent presence.

daftandbarmy said:
'Citizens' who escalate the level of force beyond the capabilities of the civilian authorities to deal with the situation safely and successfully deserve to be landed on by a military force with enough of the right power and training to sort them out, matching force to force.

Hence the reason that Aid the the Civil Power/ Authourity one of our ongoing mandates, and the reason why we still need a wide range of tools and training to tailor our response to any given situation.

There is now much less that police cannot handle than there used to be- be it tactical, public order, CBRN, or what have you. While having the military as a card up the state’s sleeve is still advantageous, it should be an absolute last resort in situations involving confrontations / use of force against civilians.

I am pretty sure we still do have a crowd control course on the books but it's rarely run. Personally, I think it's something we should be running training on and practicing. It'd be a lot more practical than most of the IBTS we are forced to bastardize every year.

For some reason this thread has focused on its usefulness domestically, which seems rather odd given the environments we've been operating in in the last 20-30 years and is not what I have in mind at all when I think of how it could be useful...

There is no problem with disposing of old kit.
"Getting 'rid of kit" to clear space / ect... is just as bad as hanging on to kit.

As ballz mentioned,

Rapid aid to Haiti, ect...after a hurricane would warrant the use of this gear. 

dapaterson said:
If you have a 1950s vintage CAF warship, we still have spares, new in the box.

You be surprised, there are likley ships out there using similar gear.

Is Internal Security, or BDF, no longer a thing?

[quote author=Colin P]
You be surprised, there are likley ships out there using similar gear.
[/quote]

[quote author=dapaterson]
If you have a 1950s vintage CAF warship, we still have spares, new in the box.
[/quote]

The best CO I know, for logistics was a MARS officer....pause for your liquid support.  :whistle:
Anything that could not meet the upcoming SAV inspection, no excuses - was shoved into the rented container.

Yes. We passed the SAV.

Now.
The container is gone by end FY.
If you can't justify to pass the SAV to bring it back into the unit, dispose of it.

I'm not a supply tech, but loved hearing / experiencing this.
Sadly, this effective example is rare.

Target Up said:
Is Internal Security, or BDF, no longer a thing?

Yup - with a valid QS, TP etc.  Except it’s an Airforce qualification, since we actively defend our OpsZ with ball ammunition.  CA came knocking about 3 years ago asking for help in developing their own.

Back