• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ICE Tactical Modular Tac Vest vs ARPAT LBV (Pics)

Were you being issued the LBV because of using an SA80 or is it standard issue to some people still?

What was the total price of the rig?Does the split front and yoke come together or are they separate prices?

The split front and the yoke it self are two separate pieces. The reason for this is so that the user could either swap out and use a hydration yoke, which is what AmmoTech's got, or a Padded Yoke.

PM me about pricing MikeH, there's a sale currently on for 20% off mate. You really can't get a better deal then that man. This includes ALL the pouches you've seen on AmmoTech's rig. Everything Nylon is on-sale till the 15th!

Yes, we can make it in any type of CADPAT you want. TW or AR.

Now I'll throw a monkey wrench in here.....ONLY ISSUE KIT!! (joke)
Oh my you will have the Dress & Deportment crew have their knickers in a twist!! Watch out for the kit police (and I don't mean your CSM or RSM, most of whcih have some common sense). It's those Chairborne Ranger types in NDHQ who sit a watch TV to pick the troops apart.....then e-mail the TF Comd to remind the troops of Only Issue Kit to be worn...

OldSolduer said:
It's those Chairborne Ranger types in NDHQ who sit a watch TV to pick the troops apart.....then e-mail the TF Comd to remind the troops of Only Issue Kit to be worn...

Do the NDHQ types know what a TV looks like?

Well, I've received my customized ICE Tac Vest (didn't like the split front, so just had them extend over it, with a velcro closure and more MOLLE), along with a BattleBelt and Direct Action shirt.

Once I get some, I'll post some pics and review.

Right, so while the battle rages on in the "issue crap is junk" "no non-issue kit" threads.....I have purchased an alternate to the issue tacvest for when I go back to Afghanistan, and as promised, some pics and review. Customized Modular Tac Vest and pouches are all ICE products.

Pouches, left to right:

Bottom row: IFAK, 3x M4 Triple pouches, 1 Medium GP with Double pistol mag pouch Molle'd to the front

Top row: 2x Frag pouches, 2x smoke

DSC03114.jpg

Unseen on either sides of the vest are 2 Large GP pouches, shown here:

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03116-1.jpg

The yoke has enclosed routing for hydration tubes and communication wires, and D rings hidden on the front:
DSC03118.jpg

Unlike AmmoTech's vest, I didn't like the split front closure, and the guys at ICE were nice enough to add a closure over the 3 side release buckles:

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

So far, I've found it's sat pretty comfortable, but I still have to try it over BA, and with the BattleBelt I also purchased.

Once I manage to get some triggertime with the vest, I'll post a more detailed review, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Looks like an interesting setup. If you don't mind me asking what did it cost you?

dangerboy said:
Looks like an interesting setup. If you don't mind me asking what did it cost you?

Not including price for Battle Belt, Patrol Belt Inner, and Large Dump Pouch, the pouches and vest itself set me back a little under 550$. Must mention that I'd also purchased the kit while ICE was running a 20% sale on all gear.

Ironically, the cash for this came out of my post-deployment nest egg ;)

sorry for my english but, how many chargers are distributed to a infantryman when they are in afghanistan? In your setup, you can put 9 mags, is it enought?

Back