• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ICE Tactical Direct Action Rig?

dothedr3w

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with the Direct Action Rig from Ice Tactical??  I'm looking into purchasing one of these along with their Padded Yoke.  I've heard good things about their molle pouches etc. but nothing about this rig.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You posted the same thing on lightfighter... I read the train wreck that ensued.  For the love of all that is good and holy, post an intro on that site BEFORE you start asking questions.

Why do you want to buy this rig?  For military use?  If so, I advise you not to purchase it.  There is a CANLANGEN out that outlines what companies you may purchase after market rigs from, ICE Tactical is not on the list.  Search the site, try the "Tac Vest Does Not Make The Grade" thread for more info on that.

AG

on a seperate but related note I hear from 9er D that there is an interim rig in the process of being purchased for 1-10? I also hear we know someone who did the trials shoot me a PM about this would you.

Reading a bit back in the OP's posting history, he has less than a year in the Forces (if he finished BMQ) and wanted to go PPCLI...

I would highly suggest checking with your CoC before you buy a rig and start wearing it around your Bn. Will save you some heartache.

BM: There is an interim rig being purchased for use on 1-10 and beyond (or so says the CANLANDGEN); there were 3 recommendations, the top 2 were a SORD system or a TT MAV Gen 2. I believe the link and discussion are in the TacVest does not make the grade thread.

alright apparently its hard a fck to get a straight answer out of anyone these days... Ya I posted on the other forum without posting in their other thing first (but who actually reads the into letter or whatever they send to you regarding the rules of their forum).  All I want to know is about this rig and why its good/bad and why?? Is that so hard??

QUIT SPAMMING!

seriously were past highschool...keep irrelevant comments to yourself. If you know about this rig or the company itself post away!! Thanks again.

DTDW

He asked you some questions back actually ones that would impact his recommendations for on wether you should purchase this vest. Is it for Military use? if so can you actually wear it, if you can wear aftermarket kit there is better so why do you want this one etc etc

Answering these question will allow those of us with experience in chest rigs and which companies put out a good product to get a complete picture and advise you appropriately.

dothedr3w said:
alright apparently its hard a fck to get a straight answer out of anyone these days... Ya I posted on the other forum without posting in their other thing first (but who actually reads the into letter or whatever they send to you regarding the rules of their forum).  All I want to know is about this rig and why its good/bad and why?? Is that so hard??

QUIT SPAMMING!

seriously were past highschool...keep irrelevant comments to yourself. If you know about this rig or the company itself post away!! Thanks again.

I suggest you visit here and ask your questions instead.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You sound like a little spoiled brat in your post dude.  I may be wrong but it sounds like your an airsofter who wants to dress up like an army guy.  If I'm wrong then prove me wrong by stop acting like a butthurt kid.

MANY privates in the army rush out to by aftermarket gear thinking they can use it overseas (and get a big ol shocker when they try)
Anyone's Grunt brought up some VERY good points with the intention of possibly saving you money if you were oneof those guys.

DTDW,

Get over yourself. You were the one that fracked up on LightFighter.

Had you followed the rules of the forum, you wouldve gained much informatoon there. Now yoy can chose to continue
being a spoiled brat and complain about another forum here, or you can go back there man up and learn something.

Now the rig you're talking about is solidly built. Its made in Canada with genuine CADPAT materials, and should your CoC authorize your use of aftermarket kit, then I would recommend it. Until then concern yourself with more thinking.

Its, believe it or not a slight struggle sometimes being a Canadian serviceperson on LF where the majority are US service members. Now buck up and start reading.

To give you an even better informed answer, your question should provide the forum with some additional points, such as:

- your budget
- the intended use of the rig
- with the above point, will body armour be an issue
- likewise, required realestate for pouches, types to be used

A lot of currently used (overseas) rigs and setups have their good and bad points, depending on a number of variables. One rig could be ideal for someone, and a piece of junk in some other's opinion. I mean, some actually like the currently issued Tac Vest...

There is a CANLANGEN out that outlines what companies you may purchase after market rigs

Half on the list are junk or impossible to get anyway.

Lots of gear companies that should be on the list, that make higher quality gear.

Farmboy said:
Half on the list are junk or impossible to get anyway.

Lots of gear companies that should be on the list, that make higher quality gear.

I absolutely agree with you. However, the list is the list and there isn't much one can do about it.

That list has RSM's waking in the middle of the night with cold sweats as it is.  The least a young soldier can do is stay within the lanes set out for him regarding aftermarket rigs.

Couldn't agree with you more Anyone's Grunt.

As a young private, that CANLANDGEN felt like a total upheaval to me, we should be very thankful for just that.
Now if only my CoC would agree with it :)

Anyone's Grunt said:
That list has RSM's waking in the middle of the night with cold sweats as it is.

LFCA Commander stated today that the interim vest ready for purchase for TF1-10 and beyond has somewhere in the neighbourhood of 72 different pouches. He may have used a little Afghan math for that number, but I can't wait for a customizable rig to have a unit standard.

There'll be a unit standard before it reaches the unit. Afterall, it wouldn't look right on parade if the C6 operators have different pouches than the M203 grenadiers...

Snaketnk said:
There'll be a unit standard before it reaches the unit. Afterall, it wouldn't look right on parade if the C6 operators have different pouches than the M203 grenadiers...

True true  - but how many times have you been on parade where C6s, C9s and 203s are carried? For parades in CADPAT, rest assured RSMs/CSMs will want to have all troops in rifleman mode... But that's the beauty of the modular stuff - and here is the statement of the obvious - once the parade is over, time to switch back pouches to task mode. Or hold onto Tac Vests for uniformity purposes on parades. On second thought, I guess the main issue is the uniformity between rigs themselves, not necessarily the layout of pouches. But I digress... DEUs for parades, combat gear for the field/ops.

No intent to hijack the original post and question about the ICE rig - I believe the consensus is to take a look at the approved list (and TT MAV stands out as a highly rate and popular getup) and to stick to it - unless the purpose for the ICE rig is outside the realm of the CF and esp the sandbox. Here is the question that comes to be every time there is a discussion about the TacVest and alternatives - modular is king and field proven. TF 1-10 is getting new stuff. This stuff works (the PALS concept in particular). Why are people (esp RSMs) getting bent out of shape over modular gear??? Why is there always a concern about PARADES?? I understand the sarcasm, Snaketnk, but this has been voiced by others. We are in the 8th year of a shooting war with real engagements, and real casualties - a conflict that has seen some serious advances in procurement of big-ticket items in short order to get the job done. Why is individual soldier gear such a sore spot for the senior leadership?? It is not like soldiers are asking to dress in whatever uniform/civvy clothing they wish.

I would be interested to hear from others why their chiefs are "waking up with cold sweats" over key items such as first and second line gear for soldiers, the stuff they rely on first and foremost in the heat of battle. If the issue is about all looking the same for parades, there are some serious reality checks that some have to do.

I would be interested to hear from others why their chiefs are "waking up with cold sweats" over key items such as first and second line gear for soldiers, the stuff they rely on first and foremost in the heat of battle. If the issue is about all looking the same for parades, there are some serious reality checks that some have to do.

I really don't think this happens as much as people want to think it does.

It seems like these days pretty much everyone from the top down realizes that soldiers all have different jobs and that their gear shouldn't all look the same.  That includes all the RSMs and CSMs I've been exposed to in recent history.  I can't think of the last time I was on a "formal" parade wearing FFO and I can't think of a time when standardization of FFO on parade would have ever been an issue.

If an RSM does want to have a "formal" parade during field training is he really going to make guys switch around their modular pouches so that "everyone's the same", or are they going to just have the troops drop their gear behind the ranks and just take their rifles onto the square?  I can see the latter happening before the former.

This whole "standardizing pouches" worry seems like a non-issue (<----ROFL) to me.

Agreed 100% and good to hear. Just got a little concerned reading some recent posts about Snr leadership still having issues about changes happening with FFO.

Hopefully this issue has been laid to rest then.

Maybe we could do something insane like not have parades with tac vests on?

One day the dinosaur mentality will be phased out of the army.

Re: Parades.  This is why troops are issued DEUs, a uniform that is intended to be exactly that... provide a 'Distinct Environmental Uniform' image of the military.

As an infanteer, I can say that I can't forsee a day where we don't have standardized FFO, dictating which pouch contains our cam paint and what side we have to put our canteen with canteen cup and canteen stove. God forbid you label the wrong side of the canteen stove...

This year alone we've had at least 3 FFO Parades.

If a modular system gets issued, I'd be surprised if there isn't a standard pouch placement.

Back