• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I "Pam" having some problems...

nULL

Inactive
Reaction score
That wasn't that funny.

Ok, here's the thing; I've recently been given the honour of teaching a radio segment on a BMQ course. I'm not worried about the teaching; I feel more than up to the task, and I'm confident in my teaching abilities. Unfortunately, my scanning skills are not quite up to par with my enthusiasm.

I've spent the better part of two hours searching in vain for this PAM:

C-53-757-000/MB-000

I've searching google, army.ca, the army electronic library, the J7 doctrine site...

Frankly, I was about ready to switch off, when I decided to change frequencies and ask you guys. More than a link, I wouldn't mind knowing the URL of the place where this stuff is available for future reference. Oh yes, and any radio puns you have on hand so I can dazzle and amaze the troops with my keen whip, I mean, wit.

Save me the effort of checking all my PAMs to see which has that registration number... what PAM are you looking for?

if you're on the DIN... try this link

http://edmonton.mil.ca/39CBG/site/documents/docs_G6/IRIS%20Radio/PRC-521/521_specs.pdf

and there is always the following
that will give you powerpoing presentations, lesson plans, the works.......

http://edmonton.mil.ca/39cbg/site/G6/Radio/AN-PRC-521/

Sorry Geo, "Bad Gateway."  ???

Thanks though!

And the PAM is "Operating Instructions, Radio Set, AN/PRC 521"

pm sent your way......

WRT the gateway... you need to be "inside the DIN"

I haven't got the PM yet, but I'm sure it will turn up soon; many thanks! As for being "inside the DIN", that, I am afraid, I am not.

If anyone needs more specific location to find this dastardly thing, by all means, please ask; I teach on Saturday, and as much "fun" as I have doing things at the last minute I would rather not irritate this particular WO.

Ok try this, you have to be on the DIN, go to the AEL (Army Electronic Library) click on "Publications Search" on the left and then select the DSCOE - pub search... I was just shown this method of searching for pubs and have found some electronic copies of pams that we have been looking for for a long time at my unit

241 said:
Ok try this, you have to be on the DIN, go to the AEL (Army Electronic Library) click on "Publications Search" on the left and then select the DSCOE - pub search... I was just shown this method of searching for pubs and have found some electronic copies of pams that we have been looking for for a long time at my unit

That's definitely the way to go - officially known as the DSCO Publications Depot, where they used to print off reams of pubs for distribution to all the units of the CF, but have now gone the way of the PDF e-document.  If a pub isn't listed there, then it probably isn't official.

The DIN link is http://otgmati000041.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/index.jsp

many thanks; I was hoping to be able to get this done well in advance of the weekend's training, but c'est la vie I suppose...

Thanks guys!

Not sure if you realize this or not but you can save the Pam's (they are normally in Adobe) and bring them home and write your lesson plans there, that way this Sunday when you know what you are teaching next weekend you can get the Pam before you leave and not have to worry about it...

Nul, did you check your hotmail acct..............