• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I have a few questions for you [plus a few comments]

army_paralegal

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
1.) Anyone here from Toronto? If so, anyone familiar with 4900 Yonge Street? I tried to go there last week, but the picketers would not let me in. I am planning to go there this week, I was wondering on whether or not the picketers are still there?

2.) If you are in full-time, would you be able to go home during the weekends or do you stay on 24-7? [Excuse me if this sounds like a stupid question]

3.) A comment, I am almost ready to join. Have to get my transcript.  :) Also, I have done 20 push-ups (I count as I go) 20 sit-ups, and jog on the spot. I think I am almost ready.

4.) Also, if you are on full-time and you have rec-time, are you allowed to go online shopping?

Excuse me if 2 + 4 are stupid questions.

army_paralegal said:
1.) Anyone here from Toronto? If so, anyone familiar with 4900 Yonge Street? I tried to go there last week, but the picketers would not let me in. I am planning to go there this week, I was wondering on whether or not the picketers are still there?

That's where I signed up actually. Strikers have no legal right to prevent you from entering a building. If they do it again, call the police.

army_paralegal said:
2.) If you are in full-time, would you be able to go home during the weekends or do you stay on 24-7? [Excuse me if this sounds like a stupid question]

Depends on your job and operational commitments but I'll say 75% of the time yes. Remember that your duty comes first but that being said they won't make you stand guard 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. That's also dependent on which trade you sign up for.

army_paralegal said:
3.) A comment, I am almost ready to join. Have to get my transcript.   :) Also, I have done 20 push-ups (I count as I go) 20 sit-ups, and jog on the spot. I think I am almost ready.

Ever heard the adage train hard, fight easy? I'm not trying to be harsh but you should always be striving to do more and not just call it a day once you get to 20/20. Also, some actually running would probably be very beneficial.

army_paralegal said:
4.) Also, if you are on full-time and you have rec-time, are you allowed to go online shopping?
Again, depends on your situation. When you're on your BMQ you probably won't have a lot of free-time or computers to access. And on your QL3 you may or may not be able to get online depending on what the school policy is. Once you get to your unit though you can do whatever you want with your free-time.

Only stupid question is the one that's unasked. I remember before I joined and I had a thousand+1 questions. It will all come with time. Just stay focused and determined.

Back