• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I got an offer for artillery!!

Nic22Bast

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question... I'm a french Canadian, and i want to know if after my pp1 at gagetown i will be with 5eRALC? Or i can be with another unit? How it works? And for my wait platoon this will be at gagetown or valcartier?

thanks!

If your FOL (First Official Language) declared at the time of enrolment was "French", then in all likelihood, upon completion of your occupational training, you would be assigned to 5 RALC.

I'm curious how training for arty is going to be since they merged the trade. Do you start in land and work up to air defence?

I really don't know!! But i heard i will be train for both.... air de and land! My formation at arty school will during 8 weeks.

The Air Defence capability, specifically ground to air shooting is pretty much non existent right now, so there is no training for that like there might have been back when we had air defence equipment.  There is plenty of crossover still i.e. RADARs, UAVs, air space control etc., but you won't get that type training until you get a bit of time in.  The more technically sound you are, the faster you could get there if that is what you want.  There are many different routes, guns/CP/Recce, OPs (FOO/FAC), STA (UAV and RADARs), you could take after DP1, just continue to perform well at what you're tasked to do, and you'll figure out pretty easily where it is you want to be.

For your DP1 you will be likely trained on a gun (howitzer), maybe mortars.  After training you could be posted anywhere, and I'm not sure which regiment needs new troops.  Plenty of Francos have been posted to 1 and 2 RCHA.  It seems your English is pretty good, and maybe you should take advantage and get youself fully bilingual (exempt) early on in your career.  If you truly want to stay in your motherland, then make sure you put forward your best effort at all times, because at some point they may ask everyone where they want to be posted.  Better performers will get priority.

Welcome to the GUNS!!

Oh ty very much :D! I dont absolutely want to come back to Quebec... I will do my best and I will be where they want me! I'm on road for St-Jean right now! Wish me luck ;)

Luck is for suckers - GnyHwy

Increasing your probabilities by understanding your errors and eliminating or mitigating them makes you successful.  Coincidentally, that's what makes guns blow things up too!

Same with that "karma" crap.  It's just a fancy mystical way of saying don't be a douchebag or people will treat you bad.

I too got an offer for the Artillery - Im headed to BMQ August 17th. Between excited and anxious I feel pretty happy that there is a new chapter of my life that's about to begin.

Cant wait to see all the opportunities that will be presented to my family!!

Wish me luck!
*Excited!!*

Back