• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I got an interview

Atticus808

Inactive
Reaction score
my interview is on Wednesday
i have not watch my infanrty/armour/ or artillery video
and i don't think i'm that interested in joining the reserves anymore
if i complete the interview would i be able to join in a few years if i'm still interested without having to apply again?
could someone tell me where i would train and for how long for those 3 trades?
thank you

If you are not interested in the reserves anymore than call the CFRC/D and the reserve unit and pull your application.  We don't interview for the future and we certainly don't like to waste our time.  When you are serious about pursuing a career in the CF then you can reapply.  Visit the recruiting website or search this site for training information.

well i'm interested because of the benefits
but i'm not because i can't afford to go training on alternating weekends
and i have to decide soon
do you know the number i should call to pull my application?  (Edmonton)

Atticus808 said:
but i'm not because i can't afford to go training on alternating weekends
and i have to decide soon
do you know the number i should call to pull my application?  (Edmonton)

Call the 1-800# and it will connect you to the Edmonton CFRC/D.

well i've always been interested in weapons and stuff
but just not as much now
i wanted to join the reserves beause i wanted to become a police officer before
but now i have another career path in mind
i could always join again if i'm interested later on right?
do you think it's the right choice to pull my application?
i don't want to be a quiter or something
i just have a feeling that i wouldn't be joining for the right reasons anymore
since i'm second guessing myself

If you are not totally sure you want it then in my opinion I would not proceed with the application.  Just my opinion though.

kincanucks said:
Call 1-800-856-8488 on Monday.
thank you
i cancelled
i'm not proud of it
but i think i did the right choice if i'm not 100% sure of it (which i was before)

well i've always been interested in weapons and stuff
but just not as much now
i wanted to join the reserves beause i wanted to become a police officer before
but now i have another career path in mind
i could always join again if i'm interested later on right?
do you think it's the right choice to pull my application?
i don't want to be a quiter or something
i just have a feeling that i wouldn't be joining for the right reasons anymore
since i'm second guessing myself

Joining the army for the reason of liking weapons and stuff, and wanting the benefits, was never the right reason in the first place in my opinion.

Jaxson said:
Joining the army for the reason of liking weapons and stuff, and wanting the benefits, was never the right reason in the first place in my opinion.
it was also because i wanted to become a cop since i was little
and now i have a different career path in mind

Atticus808 said:
it was also because i wanted to become a cop since i was little
and now i have a different career path in mind

I thought that pulling your app would basically be like saying never consider me again. You can apply later (one year later) but good luck...

I, myself included, have wanted to be a cop since I can remember. Now I am waiting to take my training (medical results waiting 1st). Dont think of yourself any less because you aren't going through with this right now. As someone said, you can reapply at a later date. I have 2 small kids that kept me from persuing mine sooner. Now that they are getting older (as am I  ;) ) I thought it was time for me to continue on where I left off. It also gave me enough time to decide if this was something I wanted all along (and for the long haul) or something that was decided on the drop of a hat. Pros weighed over cons in my case, and now I wait. My husband is in the navy (reg force) and with myself going reserves, I have the support from him that I dont COMPLETELY get from my family, as they dont quite understand what I am/will be going through.

Dont ever second guess yourself. What I mean, is this: If youre having doubts in the back of your mind, dont go through with it. That second guess is your gutt instinct and if youre not happy now, its probably safe enough to say you wouldnt be happy when you get in. You would question yourself if this was the right choice and if you choose the right trade, etc. The recruiting center will not be closing their doors to recruits anytime soon ... think it over and then reapply if thats the road you decide to take. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. Take care

S.Bradbury 
    :cdn:

I agree with pretty much everyone. Joining the army, I would assume (as I'm only in the process of joining) is a lot of responsibility in terms of what is expected of you. You are expected to put forth a very large portion of yourself, it not everything you got. If you think that maybe it isn't the right choice, think it through and see what is.

Though you did say you had your application pulled. That's really a shame. But if in the future you decide it is what you want to do just re-apply. :)

Good luck with your other "career path".
:cdn:

thanks everyone
it's just that i'm also in school right now and i need more work experience
and joining the reserves would take up a lot of time and it would be a long term thing

Back