• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I DON'T CARE

zipperhead_cop

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
So there are a great many threads that touch on so many issues across our country.  Multiculturalism, welfare, justice reform, special interests.  The list goes on and on.  It strikes me that there tends to be a theme, in that there are people that don't deserve consideration that get it.  They get it, because they make a lot of noise and piss and moan about how hard done by they are.  The majority of people seem to let them get away with it out of IMO many convoluted ideas such as political correctness, the so-called white mans burden, our Canadian conceit that we are just nicer than damn well everyone else in the world.  People are just so bloody terrified of being labeled intolerant or....ooooo scary....racist. 

But we all know that calling bullshit is just that.  So why doesn't it happen more often? 

I feel that Canadians have become so inundated with all of the junk that is foisted on them they are forced to feel bad about every damn thing that comes along.  Indeed, to not care about everyone, everything every moment of the day would just feel so wrong, right?  When you see something that you know is crap, do you speak up or do you fall silent?  Most people don't say anything.  The odd person who does question something (and it is usually such a timid, sad thing like "um, that doesn't seem right to me") is so easily shouted down by whomever is playing the special interest card.  Does anyone around them speak up in support?  Generally no.  So special interest clown gets his little moral victory and everyone that was around slinks off, glad that they didn't look bad in front of people. 

So what is the solution?  The magic bullet?  Say it with me people:

"I DON'T CARE"

It's three easy, monosylabic words to turning our country around.  Imagine....

"I think you're a racist!"
"Really?  I don't care."

"You are violating my human rights with your nativity scene!"
"Wow.  And yet I don't care."

"Our people were screwed over 200 years ago by the English"
"How terrible, but I honestly don't care."

"My six children with six different last names had to wait hours to get our free food and free clothes and had to carry it all the way back to our free house"
"And here's me, not caring". 

It works in SO many situations! 

Take back your compassion Canada!! It's okay to not care about every little thing. Because you know what happens when you care about all the useless little things? You have nothing left to care about the big things, like our society going to the shitter. 

"No one can make you feel inadequate without your permission".  Stop giving these people permission.  Stand up for yourselves.  It is okay to not care about every clown that complains about something that doesn't concern you.  So say it, and say it often.  If you hear someone else say it, tell them out loud that they rock and you support their right to not care. 

If we do this, we take away the voice of everyone who doesn't give a rats arse about anything other than themselves or their own selfish causes.  And in all that silence maybe, just maybe, the silent majority might just be able to whisper through to the elected skippies in Ottawa and get this country back on the fast track to awesome.

ZC, the new Messiah!!

Don't forget my favourite, single Mothers.

Hey girlfriend, until just a couple of years ago I had at least every bill you had PLUS another adult to feed/clothe/ etc.
[even I almost fell for that one when one went back to work as a scab during a strike.....almost]

And no doubt one of our more liberal posters is going to come in here and tell you how wrong you are posting this. You MUST care! :nod:

zipperhead_cop said:
"My six children with six different last names had to wait hours to get our free food and free clothes and had to carry it all the way back to our free house"

Regarding that, "Half of US kids will get food stamps, study says: CHICAGO — Nearly half of all U.S. children and 90 percent of black youngsters will be on food stamps at some point during childhood, and fallout from the current recession could push those numbers even higher, researchers say.":
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hvWAet7kfbaU_hhZ4spiZEAPctMQD9BNKGN83

P.S. Great post, ZC!

Then you guys won't like my newest plan.  I am going to declare myself a Swedish PE-Islander, and demand special status.  Welfare, housing, etc etc.

Was I born in Sweden?  NO.

Have I ever been to Sweden?  NO

BUT...I have the same color of skin as they do.  Hence my claim.  Therefore, I am Swedish PE-Islander and entitled to whatever handouts the government, federal or provincial gives to African Nova-Scotians...because...

They weren't born in Africa.
Most of them have never BEEN to Africa.
But they have the same skin color.

I am accepting applications now for my new "Swedish PE-Islander" campaign to stop the inequities that exist in the Canadian Society against "our people".

No, I am not a racist.  I believe in equal treatment of ALL people.  No special this, or special that.  I don't care if you are white, brown or purple.  I DO care if you use whatever color or "difference" you have from me to put me down and take advantage of the country I pay taxes to and serve.  I AM a citizenw who is tired of seeing all the double standards and PC-ness our government seems to be unable to rid itself of.

*Disclaimer - I am not picking on this group of so called African Nova-Scotians, just using them as an example of the stupidity, PC-ness and double standards we let exist in our society.

I would agree that our so called "equality" is in fact the complete opposite, if you happen to have been born as a white person. An example of this would be modern day police recruiting practices. Native? Visible Minority? Check the box and have your file bumped ahead of the 4 white males who are more educated than you and fared better on interviews and testing. Sure they still hire white males, but only because they can't find enough of the others that want to do the job!

I do not feel that my interests as a white person will be looked after in the future, at least not if the country continues to go down its current path. I do fear that I will all one day wake up AS a minority in this nation, and that I will not be afforded the basic equality (nevermind any special treatment) that we are supposed to have. I don't want to raise children in a society that does not identify with my values. Do Canadians as a whole even have a similar value system? We just let everyone come here and carry on with whatever they were doing before, just in Toronto or Vancouver.

I have friends of all colours and many religions. However, if it is wrong for me to not want Canada to look like Pakistan or Somalia in the future, then feel free to call me a racist. I DO want equality for everyone...but our apparent lack of a national identity is stopping us from standing up and drawing a line of what we will and will not tolerate in this country. Tolerance is a good thing, but let's NOT tolerate the rug being pulled out from under our society.

ZC is probably right. Our nation, at least as we currently know it, is screwed if we don't pull up our socks soon.

How is Australia handling this same issue? Did they not tell people to get out if they can't accept the laws and social norms of the country?

popnfresh said:
How is Australia handling this same issue? Did they not tell people to get out if they can't accept the laws and social norms of the country?

Which takes us full circle to here.

Thanks PNF .. i like how you put that and I must say ..it scares me as well.  It actually turns my stomach. Wish the elected officials and society take a few steps down on the "stairs of PCness".

popnfresh said:
An example of this would be modern day police recruiting practices.

"Changing of the guard:
"Today's police force is all about diversity, with 18.6% of Toronto's 5,752 officers from racial minorities":
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/89428.0.html

I'm sending this post to some of my friends.

I work in an emergency room and I see this stuff all the time:

"I'm not going first because I'm xxxxxx, you're racists."
"Call me my free taxi because I'm on assistance, and I'm entitled to it."
And this gem repeated verbatim from two nights ago: "It's your job to pay for my medications."

My new mantra: "I don't care!"

ModlrMike said:
My new mantra: "I don't care!"

My new mantra: "I used to care, but not anymore! I'm retired!"  :rofl:
Modlrmike, the Vomit Comets Grandetaxiblanco have quite a selection of hospitals to choose from where I live. Nice people go to nice hospitals, not so nice people go to not so nice hospitals.  :)

E.R. Campbell said:
Which takes us full circle to here.

Thanks, I will read that from the start.

Mariomike,

I'm well aware that the Police require a diverse workforce in order to establish better relationships with the diverse communities they serve. With that said, I am just stating that the way they go about it puts a certain demographic at an inherent disadvantage, which could be seen as counterproductive to truly establishing an equal society. People should give information to Police because they trust the institution, not because of what the officer looks like. Language is of course a barrier, but perhaps we should be promoting LEARNING one of the two official languages to newcomers instead of catering to them. This goes for all aspects of society.

Furthermore, I do realize that there is a significant white trash section of society. I am more ashamed of them than I am of any problematic newcomers. The perpetual welfare artists that simply sit at home and pump out children are the largest disgrace in our country. They are a significant drain on society, and we are all to blame for this. While I do agree with the idea of having a social safety net, we as Canadians have again proven ourselves incapable of standing up and dealing with those who refuse to function within our society. We are too afraid to offend anyone by singling out the habitual lazy users of income security from the legitimate cases.

Popnfresh, I agree with you 100%. I just posted the Sun story. I don't vouch for it. I hope the "quotations" did not look like my words!  :)
Do you know how many times I've been reamed out by the public because they feel there are not enough of this or that group on the job? Like it's some kind of plot. We all took the same exam. It's the political people in safe little cubicles who decide who gets those precious extra points, and who gets nothing.
I think a lot of people just don't want the curse job.
As long as they can lift, I don't care who they send. I suspect anyone in the Emergency Services would tell you basically the same thing.

mariomike said:
My new mantra: "I used to care, but not anymore! I'm retired!"  :rofl:

That a "posting slump" and you'er working on it 25 years too early for the CF.  ;)

-Quebec is it's own country.
-Bill 101....and my cereal box in Newfoundland has french on it?
-people can sit at home,collect welfare and have nicer toys than me.
-We can have black,tinted,yellow,mullato,blue people history month,yet a race of peoplewho conquered the world...to celebrate THEM would be racist.
-CHRC is on stand-by to attack anyone who mentions another race/religion.Mcleans anyone?Tie's people up in their puppet courts.Stalin would be pleased.
-respect for law is gone.A cop never get's his bad guy in the news...He may have used excessive force in capturing the drug addicted pedophile murderer terrorist.
-People somehow think khadr should be released?
-terrorist are out on bail in Winsor??.......are you f******* serious?
-A man guns down a bunch of soldiers shouting allah ackbar...yet no news media ask's the question...was he a terrorist?As the taliban sent out a request for western muslims to carry out attacks on their own in Canada and the US a few weeks prior.Nope.That would be racist.
-Natives can decide to shut down a international border,main highway...or what ever they want.Heck they can even create their own country and get away with it.
-University kid's talking on the news about stuff they have no idea about.
-Steven Staples doing the same....AND getting paid for it.
-reading any comments on cbc.ca
-Kid's (18-20)from Ontario (And not from other provinces...I have seen em all) who you can tell were never raised by parents who smacked them in the back of the head when they were being a idiot.Mom and dad worked all the time.Kids stayed home and did what they wanted.
-People who have children and then have them raised mon-fri 7am-7pm by someone else.
-EQUAL opportunity employers
-Obese people in government positions discussing health for Canadians
-Seeing people who have been in this country for 30 years who cannot speak basic english.
-Multiculturalism
-Peacekeepers
-People who vote for a party however never even bothered to read party platforms.
-Gun registry

I don't care.

I tried to google search terms like:

"white shame", "guilt" or "pride" and the sites that came back are NOT fit to post and I do NOT agree with them.

How does one side of a topic open their mouth without inserting foot?

Same can be said for black pride as well.Yet normal African Americans can express pride in their culture and not be associated with groups who are nothing more than bigots and murderers.

Oh thats another thing that I don't care about.

-African-Canadians.If you are black and identify yourself anything other than CANADIAN your part of the problem.
-Chinese-canadians...and on and on.
Your either Canadian or a visitor.

Back