• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I bought the MilTerms and MilQuotes apps

sharki9876

Inactive
Reaction score
They're pretty cool. So does that $2.50 I spent translate into some Milpoints or should I just shut up?

Milpoints aren't worth anything, but I gave you 100 anyway.

Thanks for your support.

---Staff---

Perhaps there should be another way to spend mil points.  I have few, and other than proof that I have been active, I have no use for them.

I guess I am inadvertently asking to be involved in creating ideas for mil points. 

Is there any members out there, that are also nerds like Mike, :loser: who have a game like Afghan Ops?
Not that I ever even looked at it.

Even if Milpoints may be used toward in-site benefits:
- Renewing membership, value $30: must post *** per year outside of Radio Chatter
- Milpoints may be used toward branded swag: must have *** points plus $*** to buy a navy.ca sweater, no option to buy swag
- Seniority and Staff positions would need to be adjusted to remove Milpoints benefits from "work" vice personal participation

The goal of this program is to drive traffic to the Navy.ca (Milnet.ca) sites. Qualifying posts must be value added and not trolling, sniping or detracting from a visitor's viewpoint.

kratz said:
Even if Milpoints may be used toward in-site benefits:
- Renewing membership, value $30: must post *** per year outside of Radio Chatter
- Milpoints may be used toward branded swag: must have *** points plus $*** to buy a navy.ca sweater, no option to buy swag
- Seniority and Staff positions would need to be adjusted to remove Milpoints benefits from "work" vice personal participation

The goal of this program is to drive traffic to the Navy.ca (Milnet.ca) sites. Qualifying posts must be value added and not trolling, sniping or detracting from a visitor's viewpoint.

So if you corrected a poster yourself, you would not get Milpoints either?

Don't forget, we're volunteers. If we did do something with milpoints, I think we'd deserve every one we get considering some of the nonsense we put up with.

And why would we only drive business towards the navy? There are two other groups here that deserve equal recognition.

Also, who gets to judge value posting?

I think Mr Bobbitt already has enough programming problems, without trying to incorporate something like this.  :2c:

kratz said:

I lose milpoints actually from doing admin deleting and moving.....

[quote author=recceguy]
And why would we only drive business towards the navy? There are two other groups here that deserve equal recognition.

Also, who gets to judge value posting?

I think Mr Bobbitt already has enough programming problems, without trying to incorporate something like this.  :2c:
[/quote]

The suggestion is just that, a suggestion.
I use Navy.ca, whenever anyone mentions Army.ca nobbody bats and eye or complains there are other sites.
Yes, Mike is busy and yes I respect volunteer staff contributions, but statistically, the weight of their posts are higher than the majority of the site.
Track the Milpoints stats leaders for awhile and it shows staff are the leaders.

If one goal is to make milpoints meaningful toward swag, adjusting points for certain groups using an approved formula is not unjust.

Someone posted the idea, I offered some easier ideas. We know Mike is busy, but there is no harm in exploring the potential for ideas.

Back