• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I apologize for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Mods, delete this if you wish.

To those who think I'm some kind of anti-gay person, I'm not. I don't hate gays at all. I just tend to get real fired up when I hear about ministers performing gay marriage ceremonies and the such, and tend to babble a little too much. I, as well as everyone else in this country deserve all of the rights and freedoms that the next person deserves.

Regarding a few comments I posted in a few other topics, I will admit, yes, I was wrong. Like I said, when I get fired up like that, I tend to try to make a stand, whether I'm right or wrong. I was wrong, and I apologize.

It seem's that a few people are upset at the fact that I don't agree with ministers performing gay marriage ceremonies, and I'm sorry, that's how I feel. I didn't say they couldn't get married by other means.

Finally, I'm not a hater, I'm not anti anything, I apologize for being an ass in previous posts. I should have used better judgement.

Well, I'm anti same sex marriage, but I don't think it makes me any less of a good person. Personally, I can see in the short future where people like me will be targeted and the line between racism and anti same sex marriage being blurred. And as long as I can work with homosexuals in the context of the Canadian Forces, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Fry said:
To those who think I'm some kind of anti-gay person, I'm not. I don't hate gays at all. I just tend to get real fired up when I hear about ministers performing gay marriage ceremonies and the such, and tend to babble a little too much. I, as well as everyone else in this country deserve all of the rights and freedoms that the next person deserves.

It seem's that a few people are upset at the fact that I don't agree with ministers performing gay marriage ceremonies, and I'm sorry, that's how I feel. I didn't say they couldn't get married by other means.

I am also morally against sax sex marriage, and deep down in my heart I feel it is wrong as well, but I know in my brain that the issue is more of granting of rights to others then it is of degrading my rights and privileges.

Your error isn't to disagree, infact that is not an error at all, it is a welcome freedom by which you are allowed to speak a opposing view on any subject.
Your error was to argue your point using degrading and inflammatory language which put into context of any other argument would be classed as simply discriminatory.

Fry,

You have admitted your error and that is much more than many people will do.  While I disagree with you strongly you have demonstrated by this post that you wish you consider it water under the bridge. 

As Armymedic stated it was not your stance but the way you chose to get your point across.  You have been warned and when it is over it will be a brand new day.

Like I said, when I get fired up like that, I tend to try to make a stand, whether I'm right or wrong. I was wrong, and I apologize.

Keep this in mind, when you are angry about a point of view take a step back, log off and have a think about it.  When you are calmer, then post. 

Good on you for your apology.

Yeah, at times I tend to think I can't be taught anything... which is wrong. I'm glad that the apology means something, if anything to those that I have offended.

BTW, why do I have three signs by my name and 'recorded warning' by it? I thought I had one sign and a verbal warning or somethin? ???

sry for the dbl post, but I can't send private messages for some reason... I had a verbal warning, but now a 'recorded warning'. I didn't say anything else after the first warning, could a mod explain further?

It is good to see you apologise, it shows character. I think we should let it rest, he has seen his errors and recognized them. now let us get back to what this forum is meant for.

Although I still think it's immoral and stuff, I can't help the way I've been raised. But, I shouldn't have came on here acting like a turd, it should have been done in a more professional manner.

To those who PM'ed me, sry, but for some reason someone up'ed my warning level thing and I can't send private msgs for a week or 2... Oh well.

To Trinity: Thank-you for the insightful posts. Especially the last one. Made me realize a few things. If I get through the recruitment process and into the forces, yes I will have to work alongside homosexual people, black, white, asian, african, and many more. I would treat a homosexual person just as I would anyone else, despite they way I was raised, and the beliefs I currently have.

Again, apologies to those who've been angered by my previous posts. I'll stop with the whole apology bit now, hopefully the message got across. :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Fry said:
To Trinity: Thank-you for the insightful posts. Especially the last one. Made me realize a few things. If I get through the recruitment process and into the forces, yes I will have to work alongside homosexual people, black, white, asian, african, and many more. I would treat a homosexual person just as I would anyone else, despite they way I was raised, and the beliefs I currently have.
Same as everyone else?  So if thats the reserves, that means blade everyone equally and
steal their stuff when they're not looking!!!!  ;D ;D

On a serious note, I'm glad to hear it.  I PM'd a good explanation.  Long story short is we all
learn from our mistakes and we all make big ones. I've done the exact same as Fry. 

I don't expect to change people opinions.  I will challenge your opinions and beliefs to see if you
have any validity behind it or are just giving lip service. 

Glad to see we helped you grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back