• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hydration Pack Attach to Tac Vest

dh101

Inactive
Reaction score
I currently have the CP Gear Insulated hydration pack Carrier which I use and it works well. I was wondering if once i join the Reserves if I am able to attach the Insulated hydration pack (not the tac vest version) to a tac vest if i needed to? As in not using the straps but attaching it right to the tac vest some how.
I was also wondering if i would be able to use the  Epaulet's that CP gear sells when im in the reserves (are they close enough to the issued ones to not notice a difference?)
Thanks

I suppose you could put the shoulder straps through the drag handle and paracord the bottom down to the daisy chains...you're probably better off just using it seperately.

As for the slipons, why bother? You'll get an ample supply of slipons from your unit for free.

I'd carry it seperate from the vest. That way you don't have to remove all your kit to re-fill it. Also, you'd have to remove it anyway to carry the small pack/ruck.

I would also recommend separate from the vest as well.  i have tried every way of caring a hydro pack attached to the tac vest (including using the hooks on the issued one), and have found it is better kept separate. Here are a couple of reasons:
1. filling (quite frequent were I am now  ;D), you can just drop the pack to fill it.
2. carrying with kit, if you have to ruck up, or carry something on your back, you can just take the hydro pack      off (a lot more comfortable then wearing it under a ruck.
3.Vehicles, it is uncomfortable to be in the back of a LAV/ML/any vehicle for a long time with a hydro pack arching your back.  If it is not attached you can just drop it, and move it to the front.

hope that helps you decide.  The above go for wearing it under as well.

dh101 said:
I currently have the CP Gear Insulated hydration pack Carrier which I use and it works well. I was wondering if once i join the Reserves if I am able to attach the Insulated hydration pack (not the tac vest version) to a tac vest if i needed to? As in not using the straps but attaching it right to the tac vest some how.
I was also wondering if i would be able to use the  Epaulet's that CP gear sells when im in the reserves (are they close enough to the issued ones to not notice a difference?)
Thanks

To answer your questions, if your'e looking to integrate a hydration bladder with the tac-vest, you might want to have a look at the Tac-Vest Hydration Harness http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/hydration/8030.htm
For the times when it isn't practical to have the bladder mounted on the vest, like when you're rucking, or driving a vehicle, you just simply remove the bladder from the carrier and stow elsewhere, i.e. under the top lid of your ruck.

Regarding the epaulets, we make them according to patterns taken from CF issued epaulets.  As with all of our products, if you're not satisfied with the quality of the finished goods, simply return the product in unused/new condition within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

Cheers,

Matt

dh101, as I have been there before (albeit a few years ago) I suggest you wait until you join, receive all your equipment and commence your BMQ before you start using any extra goodies.

I see nothing wrong with you purchasing it and having it ready but you'll find that there are a lot of things given to you that you might think you have the need to buy.  Save your cash and wait for it...

Back