• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hunter's social media posts prompt outrage, calls for more protection for wolves

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
And, in the latest instalment of 'City folks vs. Country folks' :

Hunter's social media posts prompt outrage, calls for more protection for wolves

An Island hunter who has said on social media that she wants to kill an entire pack of wolves has sparked outrage and calls for stricter provincial rules for hunting the apex predator.

Jacine Jadresko recently posted two selfies holding dead wolves on her Instagram account, Inked Huntress, which was made private in the past week.

Jadresko declined an interview, but said in a message that her recent kills are not trophy or recreational hunting. “We are not trying to hunt an entire pack of wolves in East Sooke,” she wrote.

“The wolves in question have chased and cornered a human and have attacked and killed multiple pets.”

She said she has a trapping licence and permission from the property owners to trap wolves on their property, and that her partner is of Métis heritage, so trapping and using pelts is part of his culture.

She has also reported all trapping activities to conservation officers, she said.

Maybe this pack of wolves is a problem. Maybe not.

Either way, she sounds like she enjoys killing things waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much. 0.02

Maybe she should just stop using social media. This comment she made makes her sound petty and immature:
"The more you hate, the more I kill," Jadresko wrote on her Instagram account.

As a hunter, I have come to believe that the greatest threat to hunting comes from other hunters on social media. A lot of them post pictures and comments that are not helpful.

As a fellow hunter I share your position. The greatest threat to our "sport" (I dont know what else to call it) is our own ilk who act and use social media like buffoons.

As a fellow hunter I share your position. The greatest threat to our "sport" (I dont know what else to call it) is our own ilk who act and use social media like buffoons.

And, given recent CAF kerfuffles, I don't think that hunters are the only ones, right? :)

It was never a sport for my family growing up. Rather, if we didn't bag a deer, geese, partridge/grouse, rabbits, and ducks, we would have gone hungry through the winter. And I still don't look at it as a sport. Unfortunate that others have the luxury today to kill for the fun of it.

Last edited:
I personally support any and all initiatives for the protection of wolves everywhere.

:D

I personally support any and all initiatives for the protection of wolves everywhere.

I think wolves are amazing animals. At the same time, I can empathize with a rancher who loses cattle or sheep to wolves, and wants them culled. Both are doing what they need to survive.

I think wolves are amazing animals. At the same time, I can empathize with a rancher who loses cattle or sheep to wolves, and wants them culled. Both are doing what they need to survive.
Look up my first name on my web site.

wolf dancing GIF

Yeah, I know. And had you said that you "personally support any and all initiatives for the protection of Wolf's everywhere", I would have been fully on board.

Back