• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HRMS - multiple profiles, causes problems in course registration

bridges

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Just thought I'd float this question, part-way through the resolution process - any advice would be most appreciated.  I'm ex-military, now PS.  Every time I register for a course using my civ PRI #, the course sign-in sheet comes back showing my old military SN instead.  The course admin staff always think I registered with the wrong number.  Ink amendments are done, with no effect.  It's getting old, and I'm concerned that the courses might not show up on the right side of HRMS (civ vs. mil).

I checked with the local LCC - they said to check with my HRO.  The HRO determined that the HRMS profiles of PS employees who are ex-military always start with "02" instead of "0", and this can't be changed on the HR side.  Instead, the LCC is supposed to search for the right profile each time. 

I went back to the LCC, who said that the military SN is still the one that comes up.  They recommended I subm a query to HRMS via the HRIC web page.

Before I do that, are there any experts in HRMS who could advise anything else that should be done here?  I'm guessing this must have come up before.     

Thanks in advance.  :salute:

Until there's an integrated HR system, the solution is always to tell the staff to use "profile #2".

The LCC staff need a bit of education.  People could have up to three profiles, all with the same EmployeeID: one in the Reg F, one in the Res F, and one in the Public Service.  They have to query for all records, and select the one that's "Mr Bridges" as opposed to "Military Rank Bridges".

My best guess and correct me if I am wrong.......

You indicated that your ex-military, so I would probably say that when you released you transferred to the Supp Res.  If this is the case, then in HRMS you might have an ACTIVE "Res F - Substantive Account" for this, which is probably overriding your civilian profile.  Anyhow, I would say that one of your former profiles (ie' Reg or Res) may still be active.....

My understanding at the time was that I got completely out - I'm getting a medical pension, 3(B) release.  But maybe there's something else going on.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll dig a bit deeper. 

Back