• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How's the tour going

Booked_Spice

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well I know that there are several of spouses on here that currently have a spouse or son in Afghanistan right now. So I wanted to make a thread to see how everyone is holding up. For me we are at the half way point.

Well from my perspective it seems like this tour will never end. I get really frustrated because the return dates keep changing but I guess that is the life of being a military spouse.The other frustration part is the fact that it seems that my hubby is always outside the wire. The communication is not frequent but I am very thankful for the times that he does phone even if it for a few minutes just to say. HEY I LOVE  YOU.  That seems to get me threw the next couple of weeks or days.

From my personal point of view this tour has been full of ups and downs. I have cried.. I have laughed and I have gotten very angry.
I know personally I can not wait till my husband comes home.. I am getting kind of tired of the sleepless nights and oh.. lets not forget that the kids are driving me to mental hospital. This is our first tour and what a roller coaster ride it has been. I am surprised somedays I am still standing and laughing. With  the house falling apart, my 3 yr old who keeps asking when Daddy is coming home and if he is going to die in Afghanistan. Let's not forget my  son that seems to go non-stop. To top that mountain all the political hmmmmm stuff ( trying to be nice) that has gone on.

On a positive note this tour has also brought out a personal strength that I forgotten that I had. It has also brought me and my husband closer together because FINALLY.. yes ladies and others, he realizes the sacrifices us on the HOME FRONT make each and every day for Our country as well. I always joke with him. Where is my medal?

I find that the worse part of this tour has been the nights. I just can't sleep at night.  I find the house too quiet and then my mind always seems to go into double time.This is where I want to give my BIG HUGS and THANKS to those members who have chatted with me and made me laugh into the wee hours of the morning. If it weren't for your kindness and sense of humor I would probably have gone mad. BUT FOR PEA and CAMO, what can I say.. you have brought me BEER.. given me breaks when I needed and have brought me more laughter in the past couple of months then I have ever had. So Thanks for this site because I have met some great people and I look forward to the friendships I will meet and the BEERS that we will hopefully share in the near future.

But with all this said. This has been an incredible journey and one that I will travel again in a heart beat. Because it is worth every minute , every tear .That I am very proud to be Part of the CF family. To all of You.. Thank you from the bottom of my Heart.

ps.. By the way.. if my grammar is out of the loop, I am running on fumes today.. So I will apologize upfront

Booked, it has been great meeting you, and seeing things from your perspective.  There is so much I would like to say, and to comment on your post, but it is hard to know where to start.  And if I start, I know that it will be hard to finish.  So instead, I will leave you with this:

~hugs~

Spice
I will say this It can't end soon enough. I don't want anyone to think my son is a mama's boy, he's not but we are very close. I was a single mom and he is the oldest son, so in his young mind he had to look after the family. He has always been my right hand man, I thought it was bad when he moved to Shilo, that seemed to be a million miles away until he left for Afghanistan.I think I cried half way back to Alberta.We have had good days and bad days on this tour, both of us. A month in he lost two very good friends, been involved in everything and anything over there and me like the rest of you I sit at home and worry. And when you think you have everything under control the Army throws you a curve ball and its all upside down again.That was my today, I thought things would be quiet until the end of the tour but that curve came flying once more. AHH  such is the life of the military family.

Hi girls,

The tour..well I'm here with your boys doing my best to look after them, little bit mother, little bit wife..."you want how much money for what!  Oh I don't think so" or "sit down, grab a coffee and talk to me young man".  I have to say you guys at home HOLD ON YOU'RE DOING GREAT.  My other half is at home, he's a first timer.  Crusty retired WO, he's finding it very different looking after the homefront, after all the years he spent away on tours, exercises...he says to me " I think it's harder being at home ".

Kudos to all of you, we'll be home soon!

Hey Military Granny,

Don't worry about it and I don't think he is a mamma's boy. My husband mother is having a real hard time with her son being away. Sometimes I think it is harder to try and explain everything to her then dealing with the tour itself. Well the military can do that to you. ARG all I can say is they are coming home soon and hopefully it will be quiet for the duration of the tour.

Fusilier, if my husband comes see you, you have my permission to kick his butt. HA HA HA ( It will make him feel like he is at home)

Thanks for your responses and keep your head up because we are half way through.

Take care

Booked keep on holding up, sounds like you're doing a great job. Don't let the kids send you all the way around the bend! Take some time for yourself when you can and stay strong as I'm sure your husband appreciates all you are doing.

I can't imagine what you are going through, but it sure sounds like you are "soldiering on" with dignity. God speed to your husband and to all the men and women in harms way.

Bravo Zulu!

Hey Booked,

Will gladly kick butts for you guys here, let me know where and when!  I'll leave the hugs to you guys.....counting the days until leave, and I get to see my hubby.  Take care all!

Back