• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

I don't know the show.  I can't tell if this is a kin to Rick Mercer comedy show.
I would hope these people don't really believe what they say. 

Looking at the website, the time it airs and the wiki entry for it I'd say it's Fox News' answer to things like Jay Leno and his ilk.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and figure it's their response to late night satirical talk shows, but considering the type of 'reporting' that comes out of Fox News you never know...

Trinity

Sad thing is this what they probably do believe .

I watch Fox News occasionally, its like watching a live train wreck. This is the same network that employs Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck. You can't expect pearls from swine. If this is comedy then they've failed at that as badly as the whole "Fair and balanced" thing.

Nothing surprising here...there are a lot of idiots with tv shows so why can't a bunch of stoners have one late at night. It's mindless entertainment and there will always be an audience for that.

Trinity said:

I don't know the show.  I can't tell if this is a kin to Rick Mercer comedy show.
I would hope these people don't really believe what they say.

Whats the big deal here ? Did i miss something ?

Firstly I enjoy for here in Australia.

This Red Eye program comes on late, and even at its best, its bad. Hence I steer clear of it - always!

This clip I do find in VERY bad taste.

The only ones laughing are themselves on the clip. I find NOTHING funny at all.

OWDU

My initial thought is satire, tasteless satire to say the least given Canada's contribution so far, and I think we're punching above our weight given our "rank" in the world.

Sadly though, while their mocking of Canada is for comedy, I think they reveal some of the hidden stereotypes of Canada that are out there and will be held as truth by some less critical viewers. The host and speaker also come off as completely arrogant b*stards who don't know much about anything - which perpetuates another myth.

IRONMAN3 said:
Hey; if you can give it out we should be able to take it to.

Yup. Doesn't sound any different than 22 Minutes. Air Farce, Rick Mercer........or some of our politicians talking about the States. Life's tough, wear a helmet.

I personally found their comical ignorance quite funny. Anyone remember CBC shows mocking American ignorance of Canada? We laugh at them, they laugh at us.

If friends can not take harmless jabs at the expense of the other........

Its Fox News.... do you really expect anything more tasteful? Satire and parody are one thing, but some of the language in that clip crosses lines.

SFB said:
I personally found their comical ignorance quite funny. Anyone remember CBC shows mocking American ignorance of Canada? We laugh at them, they laugh at us.

If friends can not take harmless jabs at the expense of the other........

I think Mercer or 22 Minutes had one on where Rick would go around the states and tell them of Canada's (laughable) accomplishments and get them to comment on camera - like "Sir, would you like to congratulate Canada on their first hockey player Prime Minister, Mr. Tim Horton?" and they'd be all like "Oh, congradulations Canada and Mr Horton" (He even asked that question to American Congressmen!!!)

As per recceguy's comment, the clip was no better then alot of the stuff that comes off of the CBC.

I know I'll have some vicious scathing rebuttal to what they said,  but I'm still in shock.

I watched this and I think a visit by some US soldiers who were shoulder to shoulder in Afghanistan with our guys to dispense this stupidity is in order.
However, this is a tongue cheek thing,I hope its not serious.

PArt of me is pissed (tough guy saying, "I didn't even know they were in the war" - maybe he's tough enough to say that to any of the 100+ families of the fallen?), but another part of me, if Wikipedia's estimates of viewership of this middle-of-the-night show (2-3am) are to be believed, we're talking no more than 309K viewers in all of the U.S.

Sorry OS, but this hardon limp prick with ears appears to be completely serious.

Well, kids, here's some contact info (funny how it's hard to find on the FOX NEWS site):

Fox News Network, L.L.C.
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

foxnewsonline@foxnews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back