• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to get rid of old DEU items properly?

honestyrules

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Question here for our residents Supply experts!

Doing some cleanup at my place right now. I have quite a bit of old DEU dress shirts/pants that I don't wear anymore (original sizing from basic training days). I ordered several new pieces of DEU gear on Logistik Unikorps throughout the years. I assume that supply doesn't keep a count on what we get thru Logistik, so basically I have more than what's on my docs.

How do I get rid of old (but clean) shirts and pants? Can I drop that stuff at charity, or base supply gather the stuff for cadets? Is there regs against throwing those items in the garbage?

Hey Delavan,

Admittedly it's been a few years sense I worked clothing stores but if my recollection is correct your DEU items are no longer returned through the CFSS.  I would suggest donating them to a local schools drama dept or the Sally Ann.

HT

Halifax Tar has ir; they are no longer returned nor should they be on your docs.  Just make sure that you remove all rank insignia etc before donating/trashing.

Another option is to donate them to a museum.  Although museum collections can get rather large, sometimes they do need items for temporary displays that can be discarded after and not deplete/destroy their artifacts.

delavan said:
Hi,

Question here for our residents Supply experts!

Doing some cleanup at my place right now. I have quite a bit of old DEU dress shirts/pants that I don't wear anymore (original sizing from basic training days). I ordered several new pieces of DEU gear on Logistik Unikorps throughout the years. I assume that supply doesn't keep a count on what we get thru Logistik, so basically I have more than what's on my docs.

How do I get rid of old (but clean) shirts and pants? Can I drop that stuff at charity, or base supply gather the stuff for cadets? Is there regs against throwing those items in the garbage?

Thanks for asking that question, I've often wondered myself how to do this.  :salute:

Back