• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to draw kit not held at your local bse

Disenchantedsailor

Inactive
Reaction score
Just CEOTP's ARTY and I'm headed off on a course that runs through winter that said clothing stores out here in Esquimalt doesn't quite have all the winter kit I need, if another place say Comox or Chiliwack had the kit could it be arranged to draw it from another location in the same part of the country (big thing is thermal undies and cold weather socks) all help appreciated

Get your Sgt to contact the Ops WO to give Esquamalt a phone call and sort out the issue. They have the kit. 

Well then why don't they order it for you?

I draw kit from Esquimalt too, and while it's sometimes difficult to get Army stuff there, it shouldn't be impossible.  Considering how much time you have before you're going to need cold weather socks and whatnot, this should be an easy one.

I'm down to less than 60 days before my course starts, as for order it for me, they're to busy kitting out the navy with army kit these days

Some sizes of the thermal underwear are currently restricted to operational issue only. This is the norm during TF rotos. If you're not going overseas, you won't be issued them now. More of the common sizes are expected into the system late-summer so you will be issued them prior to the cold winter.

It's got nothing to do at all with they won't order it for you. It's got to do with the fact that it won't be released by central for issue to you if it's ops restricted. Even if they had your size on the shelf, they could not issue it to you. The roto gets what they need first, you come after that.

Once all the next TF members show a green DAG status for kit issue, the ops restriction will ease up.

ArtyNewbie said:
I'm down to less than 60 days before my course starts, as for order it for me, they're to busy kitting out the navy with army kit these days

::)

Please. Can you be just a little professional here?

In 60 days, some of those ops troops will be overseas, in 90 days or even 120 days from now you'll still be in Canada ... where you can then visit clothing to get your kit; once the ops restriction is lifted. Relax.

Vern sorry, I should have explained that better

The thermals aside (it's almost a give up position on that and the staff here told me the restriction was lifted already but things do change daily and I'm an understanding guy) the too busy kitting out the navy as soldiers was directed at a knee jerk reaction to a potential (read paper) operation on the mainland where it was directed everybody go kit up. Ships first everybody else after that. So by the time the soldiers where permitted to draw the kit they were to have for the op they were issued kit bags as the rucksacks had all been issued to ships staff. This was not due to a mass kit-up for overseas ops, this would be a nil issue if that were the case and I wouldn't have posted at all. Appologies if I sounded impatient.

Ref the thermals:

Some are still on ops restriction ... others are not in stock, but are due in to the system late-summer as noted in my first post.

I don't know what to tell you about the "knee-jerk" reaction. But, had they not kitted out the boys/girls on stand-by for floods as a dom op priority ... and then extensive flooding had occured, we'd all be sitting here cursing the fact that the people who had to respond to that emergency weren't kitted beforehand.

It's too easy to sit here now after the threat is gone and second guess because hindsight is indeed 20/20.

They planned for the worst case scenario and kitted for it; there's nothing wrong with that, especially if the worst case occurs.

Vern

ArmyVern said:
Some sizes of the thermal underwear are currently restricted to operational issue only. This is the norm during TF rotos. If you're not going overseas, you won't be issued them now. More of the common sizes are expected into the system late-summer so you will be issued them prior to the cold winter.

It's got nothing to do at all with they won't order it for you. It's got to do with the fact that it won't be released by central for issue to you if it's ops restricted. Even if they had your size on the shelf, they could not issue it to you. The roto gets what they need first, you come after that.

Once all the next TF members show a green DAG status for kit issue, the ops restriction will ease up.

ArmyVern is true here. I tried to get some stuff here on the East Coast and was told to wait out. ArtyNewbie... just check nicely and see what happens. If not... when you go on course the local clothing may help you out. As for thermals... get the old issued stuff. I still got them and use it all the time. I find them  way better.  ;)

Back