• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long does an offer take?

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
So I got a phone call over a month ago from the CFRC saying I had made the list for the next officer basic course. Does it usually take this long to get the actual offer? My file manager said they haven‘t received any offers for anybody yet, so I‘m not too worried, but I‘d really like to give notice and have a few weeks off with my family before I‘m gone for a year. Someday (if I get in, that is) I hope to visit CFB Borden to meet all those hard-working, industrious desk jockeys who ONLY NEED TO PHOTOCOPY SOME PAPER SO I CAN GET SWORN IN. Brave, brave men and women of Borden, I salute you.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Ralph,

I had my panel interview in late March this year and was told the following week that I had been selected and to expect an offer very quickly. After keeping on my recruiting clerk and a member of the panel board I was finally offered my position In the first week on June for DEO starting mid Sept.

I was told that Borden was backed up and that was why the offer took as long as it did.

My advice is to keep in touch with your recruiting clerk and anyone higher up in order to keep your name in their minds.

Best of luck

I‘ll take your advice - they‘ll learn to hate the sound of my voice ;)
Incidentally, what is the starting date for the September BOTP?

Thanks,
Ralph.

Back