• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long does an application stay on hold for?

So I got this email back today.

Good Day,

Thank you for the email. Armoured Officer is also currently closed for the year. If occupations are going to reopen it will happen on 1 Apr 2016 at the start of our fiscal year. Armoured Crewman is currently open and you could visit a recruiting centre to change your application to this path. In order to change from an NCM to Officer if you already have a degree once you are in the military you need to do a occupational transfer.

Have a nice day.

They didn't mention anything about my Pilot application. Im having a bit of a dilemma now...should I wait it out until April and hope they re-open Pilot and/or Armour Officer, or should I grab the NCM Armour Crewman and work from the bottom up? Im not sure how "rare" positions are and if I should grab what I can by the teeth and hold on?

Thank you for the phone number Lumber! Ill be using it soon once I have an inclination of what I should do with myself >.> Im also 25...so its not like im a young 18 year old kid anymore...not sure how they look on 25 year old NCM's and how long it takes to become an officer even tho I already have the qualifications for it.

Daishi said:
Im also 25...so its not like im a young 18 year old kid anymore...not sure how they look on 25 year old NCM's < snip >

This may help,

Am I too old to join/do well/fit in? (Merged thread)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/87496.0

Daishi said:
and how long it takes to become an officer even tho I already have the qualifications for it.

This may also help,

NCM > Officer
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+NCM+officer&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=yL4rVrf9HoLH2AH55ZaoBw&gws_rd=ssl

Daishi said:
So I got this email back today.

Good Day,

Thank you for the email. Armoured Officer is also currently closed for the year. If occupations are going to reopen it will happen on 1 Apr 2016 at the start of our fiscal year. Armoured Crewman is currently open and you could visit a recruiting centre to change your application to this path. In order to change from an NCM to Officer if you already have a degree once you are in the military you need to do a occupational transfer.

Have a nice day.

They didn't mention anything about my Pilot application. Im having a bit of a dilemma now...should I wait it out until April and hope they re-open Pilot and/or Armour Officer, or should I grab the NCM Armour Crewman and work from the bottom up? Im not sure how "rare" positions are and if I should grab what I can by the teeth and hold on?

Thank you for the phone number Lumber! Ill be using it soon once I have an inclination of what I should do with myself >.> Im also 25...so its not like im a young 18 year old kid anymore...not sure how they look on 25 year old NCM's and how long it takes to become an officer even tho I already have the qualifications for it.

Processing for next years positions will start up again in early Jan 16 and NOT on 1 Apr.  If you wish to make occupation changes on your current application, you can do so by requesting it.  But you still won't be processed unless that occupation requires more applicants and only if you are selected for continued processing.

If you want to be an Officer, stick with that goal and you will probably be contacted "early" in the new year!    Good luck!

I also received the hold letter without any dates. I'm currently waiting for my medical/interview to be scheduled. My recruiter told me it means this:
The hold letter means that there are no more positions available this year for the occupation you chose, you file will remain open until the occupation opens for competition again this coming April.

sheilainthevalley said:
I also received the hold letter without any dates. I'm currently waiting for my medical/interview to be scheduled. My recruiter told me it means this:

The acceptance and processing for currently CLOSED occupations will resume again in early Jan 16.

I applied to the regular force a year ago. Because of an emergency, my application was put on hold. I ended up becoming quite unfit after the emergency and had to hold off on starting my application process again. I ended up applying to the reserves last night, would my regular force application still be on hold? Would that have caused complications? Should I call in tomorrow to inquire about my regular force application or am I in the clear?

1 year it will stay on hold. That's what I was told when I put mine on hold. In the application it asks if you've ever applied for the forces. I would call the recruiter and ask. Might be able to change your current one to reserves instead ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You CAN NOT apply for both the Reg Force and the Reserves.  You will have to make up your mind which one you want to join and stick with that decision. 

I applied for JAG back in the fall, but didn't get all my docs in until late December (thanks to contracting pneumonia). At the end of February, I contacted JAG about the status of my application. They told me that there will be another board around early May and if I'm selected for interview, I'll get an email after Easter. Last week, I got a letter from the recruiting centre dated 24 Feb (before I contacted JAG), telling me that processing for JAG could take years and the current positions have been filled (presumably from the round held in February). They will assume I'm still interested as long as I don't contact them to say otherwise.

Now I have no idea if I should be watching for an email next month or just putting it out of my mind for the foreseeable future  ???

I just want to correct something before I get into my post, in Canada you apply for "Legal", there is only 1 "JAG" Officer, he is the head of the Legal Branch - otherwise all of the others are "Legal Officers".  In the USA you'll hear the term "JAG Officer" for their entire Legal Branch, but this is not the case here... :)

I'm able to confirm that the processing for Legal Officer can take years, the intake is relatively small (16 for next year) and there are over 300 people competing for those 16 positions.  It's a highly competitive occupation.

Best Regards :)

http://www.forces.ca/en/job/legalofficer-64 <-- CAF Link for Legal Officer

Hi everyone. This past Friday I received an email telling me my application had been put on temporary hold due to the volume of applicants for my chosen occupation(s). For reference I've applied for Infantry Officer, Armour Officer and Intelligence Officer. All through ROTP. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how long I can expect to be on hold for/the reason why (if its a fault in my application or sheer numbers). Thanks a ton.

WJFW11,

In the future please pick one thread to place your query on, cross posting doesn't get you an answer any quicker.

Thank you

Back