• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long Did You Wait?

Applied middle of November.
Merit Listed at the end of February after a mishap with the medical. Received offer on the 10th of May, I fly to Montreal for July 6th.
From application to official offer, 6 months :)

Here's mine:
  • Applied for ROTP December 2011
  • Received an offer for AEC May 2012
  • Failed Aircrew Selection June 2012
  • Reapplied for ROTP December 2012
  • Currently Waiting!

S8W7 said:
I figured this would be the best place to ask this question, as information posted in reply will be fresher than the other areas of the board.

So, how long did you have to wait for each step of the application process? Is there anything regarding your application that slowed you down? Sped the process up?

Thanks so much!

My best suggestion is to be proactive with your file. If you haven't heard anything from your RC, give them a call. I neglected to do this, and my file sat for 18 months before they called me to write the CFAT.

To give you an idea, I applied in August 2011, wrote my CFAT in February 2013, Interview and Medical in March 2013, and finally got an offer yesterday.

I agree with Nav.

I applied in August 2012, went for my CFAT April 18th. I completed my interview and physical May 16th, and was Merit Listed as of the 13th of June.

In between August and April I called twice and emailed a couple times. Not enough to nag, but just enough to show a consistent interest.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Scorp2586 said:
10 years and I've only been merit listed as of last month. If you want to do it, it's not going to matter how long it takes you'll stick at it.
How did you wait 10 years?

Back