• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How does the army issue weapons?

BinRat55 said:
Walther PPK

If you're going to show the PPK, it should be within a proper cultural context.

GW250H295

Blackadder1916 said:
If you're going to show the PPK, it should be within a proper cultural context.

GW250H295

Well played Q, well played!

Hey everyone. This was an interesting and insightful thread, thanks for the information.

I'm wondering though, how does this work for reserve units. I've watched the infantry demo video on the forces.ca website, and the soldier was saying "We're issued our personal weapon and taught how to clean it and take it apart etc".. But he was regular force.

So in the reserves do you still get a personal weapon issued to you specifically? Or would you all just share weapons?

Each person in the unit would/should have a rifle issued to them and they would draw that same rifle out for training, ranges, etc.

The M203, C9, C6, shotgun, and BHP probably wouldn't be assigned to anyone, and you would get which ever one the CQ staff hands you.

That's been my experience with the Reserves anyways, others may vary.

ArmouredAnger said:
Hey everyone. This was an interesting and insightful thread, thanks for the information.

I'm wondering though, how does this work for reserve units. I've watched the infantry demo video on the forces.ca website, and the soldier was saying "We're issued our personal weapon and taught how to clean it and take it apart etc".. But he was regular force.

So in the reserves do you still get a personal weapon issued to you specifically? Or would you all just share weapons?

Personal weapon is a little misleading. You don't get to take it home or use it whenever you desire, it's a weapon that's assigned to you and you use it and care for it. I was issued C8A3 #11 4 years ago, I know exactly how it balances and what parts are sticky so to keep them moist in the field, I know how everything goes back together and the sight is dialed in real nice and tight. They only time someone else touches that rifle is if it's being shipped for exercise or at the Weapon Tech for repair (rare).

But, we take them out for a few hours on a Wednesday night, do some training and drills, then sign them back into the vault.

Back