• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How does the army issue weapons?

Noisy_Cricket.jpg
this is what I get..... ;D

BinRat55 said:
Lol!!

So, to tie it all up for the OP, we get what we get if someone without the slightest clue what our requirements are decides we need it. We will be told if we need it. We will be told when we need it. We will be told what "it" is. Then, we will be taught how to shoot "it", clean "it" and care for "it".

That's pretty much "it"!

Slight edit for reality's sake.

dapaterson said:
My preference.

Bowcaster.gif

This thing is AWESOME!!! What is the stock code? Can I get this outta the depot? Wild!!! My RSM wouldn't hear me comin!!  8)

dangerboy said:
Pistols are only issued to certain people, the average rifleman will not be carrying a pistol.

How does an REG NCM INF get issued a pistol?

Is it possible in a three (3) year VIE?

As an infantry soldier you'll probably get issued a pistol if you find yourself a member of a platoon or company weapons detachment team.
Riflemen don't often get issued pistols.

Some people love them and think they're awesome, others think it's extra weight and something else to get rust on or lost.

expeditionary said:
How does an REG NCM INF get issued a pistol?

Is it possible in a three (3) year VIE?

Somehow, I get the impression that you think that you get to take your weapon home with you.  If so, you are wrong. 

The weapons that you will be issued will depend on what your specific 'job' will be in an Infantry unit.  It will be issued from the unit stores when you need to use it, and stored there when you are not using it.  What position you fill in an Infantry unit, will dictate what specific weapons you will carry.  Throughout your career, those weapons may change.

PER Point for Leading Change coming here... standby.

Lets create a field in EMMA, My Career where the user can select the top three weapons they want to carry. Then the Pl Comd / Coy Comd / Bn Comd or their associated staff can run analysis on MonitorMass / HRMS to figure out how to employ people based on weapons desire / how many of each weapons system they need to hold in their units weapon lockup.  We could even have a sub-field under the weapons choices as to mitigating circumstances why you want / do not want a weapons system issued (weak spine - no heavy weapons, scared of loosing small items - no pistol, or psychopath - Carl Gustav requested). 

Just kidding... unless it gets me a PER point.

MC

MedCorps said:
PER Point for Leading Change coming here... standby.

Lets create a field in EMMA, My Career where the user can select the top three weapons they want to carry. Then the Pl Comd / Coy Comd / Bn Comd or their associated staff can run analysis on MonitorMass / HRMS to figure out how to employ people based on weapons desire / how many of each weapons system they need to hold in their units weapon lockup.  We could even have a sub-field under the weapons choices as to mitigating circumstances why you want / do not want a weapons system issued (weak spine - no heavy weapons, scared of loosing small items - no pistol, or psychopath - Carl Gustav requested). 

Just kidding... unless it gets me a PER point.

MC

Why stop there? You forgot colours, attachments  >:D

We would save money and ammunition if we assigned recruits C7a2's that followed them throughout their career.

Jarnhamar said:
We would save money and ammunition if we assigned recruits C7A2's that followed them throughout their career.

Let's take this one step further.  Once the soldier qualifies on their personal weapon, they receive an "Accessory Allowance - Small Arms" with which to buy, well, accessories.  Fail your annual PWT, lose your allowance.

How's that for "Leading Change"?

runormal said:
Why stop there? You forgot colours, attachments  >:D

I am not sharing my leading change PER points with you, even if I happen to adopt your idea in my briefing note. 

MC

George Wallace said:
The weapons that you will be issued will depend on what your specific 'job' will be in an Infantry unit.  It will be issued from the unit stores when you need to use it, and stored there when you are not using it.  What position you fill in an Infantry unit, will dictate what specific weapons you will carry.  Throughout your career, those weapons may change.

Groovy, thanks for clearing that up!

Which NCM positions in a unit/section carry sidearms?

Is this question too case/scenario specific? I'd just imagine, "Carrying something big, heavy? Here, take this in case..."

Jarnhamar said:
We would save money and ammunition if we assigned recruits C7a2's that followed them throughout their career.

+1

Money aside, at least that intrinsic bond would be developed, revered by soldiers throughout the ages.

You can also attribute this logic to any tool in any trade.

expeditionary said:
Money aside, at least that intrinsic bond would be developed, revered by soldiers throughout the ages.

But what if your "lifetime" weapon broke and you became intimately attached to it's replacement?  Wouldn't that be like cheating on your lifetime weapon?  What would you say/do with your replacement when your lifetime weapon came back from the Armourer?  Would your relationship with your lifetime weapon be the same afterwards?

Back