• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How does leave work on course?

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘ll be on BOTC and SLT from mid-Sep. until they give up on me learning French (late next summer) and then Phases II-IV. Obviously I won‘t get leave on basic, but what about French? How does it work if you‘re on course for the entire year - and would I get 20 days for the 1/3 year I‘ll be in this year, or does that get pro-rated, or do do you have to be in a full year before they bother?
Geez, not even sworn in and looking for holidays - what a slack-a$$.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Valid question Ralph. Someone will know the answer.

Every course I was on was simple.
You fail, you leave. That is what we love about the Army, very simple.

Good luck with the Francais.Quebec can be fun.

I believe you are entitled to 2 weeks leave in the middle of SLT at least thats what I have been told. I know that my BOTC goes from Sept. 15 to Dec. 19 and I have been told that SLT will begin in the new year with the leave roughly halfway through.

Are you heading to St-Jean Ralph?

Thanks, y‘all.
To br - yup, I‘m on Serial 0309 (I think that‘s the number).
Cheers,
Ralph.

Ralph I do believe we may be in the same BOTC. I start Sept. 15 and have to report by Sept. 13 before 1500 hours.

Maybe we will meet there. If not best of luck.

Do they fly you home for your leave during training courses? I live in Newfoundland and will be doing my second language training on the other side of the country in Victoria. It would be a nice bonus if they paid for a ticket home.

I doubt it, though.

In the last couple years I have completed these courses and can answer your questions no problem.

On BOTP, you are not allowed to take leave. If your course is the winter one, which mine was, your time between your joining date and the May turnover cycle will be "banked" for you to you anytime you wish in your career. For me, this was 4 days.

While you are on SLT, you can take leave anytime you want. There is a two-week break in the middle, where it shuts down and you MUST take 10 days. Other than that, you can take your leave however you see fit. Take whatever long weekends you want. The staff at CFLS is great, and will have no problem granting your leave.

If you are on the cycle to take CAP in the Winter, YOU MUST TAKE ALL OF YOUR REMAINING ANNUAL LEAVE (minus the banked leave, which is yours) before the course starts.

Basically, at no time during BOTP, CAP, PH 3/4 are you allowed to take leave, except for extreme emergencies, where you would have to make up the training somehow.

E-mail me with any more questions.

Back