• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do i remove rust stains from CF Green dress shirts?

Pryce

Inactive
Reaction score
Well the title really says it all. I have recently discovered rust stains in my dress shirt right before my RCACC annual review. I am staffing this summer, and i was wondering how to get rid of these stains quick. And if not possible, where i can buy CF green (Army) dress shirts preferably on the cheap.

Note. I have put the shirt in the dryer about 4-5 times over the year. And i am not 100% sure if the stain is now permanent. I have also tried oxi clean, and shout. Thanks for any replies in advance.

C/MCpl Pryce said:
Well the title really says it all. I have recently discovered rust stains in my dress shirt right before my RCACC annual review. I am staffing this summer, and i was wondering how to get rid of these stains quick. And if not possible, where i can buy CF green (Army) dress shirts preferably on the cheap.

Note. I have put the shirt in the dryer about 4-5 times over the year. And i am not 100% sure if the stain is now permanent. I have also tried oxi clean, and shout. Thanks for any replies in advance.

My personal experience, you are past the point of no return, and the stains will not come out without screwing up the shirt itself (bleaching out where the stain was). Your only choice is to exchange the shirts if possible, or purchase new ones.

Hanging shirts on metal hangars will cause the stains, switch to metal or wood.

Get Nautical said:
Hanging shirts on metal hangars will cause the stains, switch to metal or wood.

??? Think you meant plastic!

Surplus store probably has a few CF DEU shirts you can purchase, not sure how cheap they'd be.

PuckChaser said:

Surplus store probably has a few CF DEU shirts you can purchase, not sure how cheap they'd be.

Looking in the right places, I've found some for anywhere from 5-15$.

PuckChaser said:

Yes that's what I meant lol.

On the side, try vinagar. Put it in the wash, with some. Soak it too. May smell, but could work.

Its screwed anyway, try CLR? Says it works for rust!

Try CLR. It takes rust off most anything.

If you have a few days, you can normally get stuff from Logisitc Unicorp pretty quick.

haha. I might just try CLR.  Thanks for the help guys  :salute:

As you are a Cadet in a RCACC unit just go see the supply officers an they will exchange it for you at no cost. It should not be a problem for them to do that for you.

LaFrog said:
As you are a Cadet in a RCACC unit just go see the supply officers an they will exchange it for you at no cost. It should not be a problem for them to do that for you.

Winning answer!

(Although I am curious as to how the CLR experiment-for-the-masses turns out!)

ArmyVern said:
Winning answer!

(Although I am curious as to how the CLR experiment-for-the-masses turns out!)

My prediction, from personal experience is that the stain will either not come out, or it will, but so will the dye in the shirt.

If you can catch it before you wash it, or before you toss it in the dryer after the first wash, you can beat the stain. Saved many a shirt from ruin in my day. Grease was the biggie as a vehicle tech. Slap hand cleaner on it, and Bob's your uncle.

Well the training year has already ended. So unless i can track down the QM's number i'm stuck with it. Also I tried CLR, it dulled the stain, so it's not too noticeable but it did not completely remove the stain. But i know it works if you find the rust stains early.

C/MCpl Pryce said:
I need to find one of those. And will do.  :salute:

Grocery store. Or my personal favourite, the big box of them at Costco.

PuckChaser said:
Grocery store. Or my personal favourite, the big box of them at Costco.

Best cleaning invention ever!!

(Besides inventing males to do the cleaning that is; smart girl gawd was)  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Best cleaning invention ever!!

(Besides inventing males to do the cleaning that is;(uh.....that was just polishing up the apple....it does not count and hasn't since) smart girl gawd was)  >:D

Back