• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

hotels in relocation

jippi

Inactive
Reaction score
I am posted to edmonton from kingston and we will go trough the usa.how do i choose our hotels if the city we will stop arent in the brookfield directory?
thanks

Just pick ones that compare to those that are on the directory.

MJP said:
Just pick ones that compare to those that are on the directory.

To expand on that, ones that compare in price.....  ;)

When you make a reservation, check off the government/military rate. Its usually a really good deal and you should have no problems getting reimbursed provided you stay at Holiday Inn or equivalent hotels..  If possible pay by credit card and your bill will have the exchange rate on it which is also claimable.

However, if you are travelling through te US, you still only get the Canadian meal, TD, and mileage rates. The good news is that most prices will be cheaper so in the long run you win out.

There is a new caveat on the PWGSC website (preface) that says that if the city is not in the directory, the limit is 100$ in Canada and USA.  Having said that, the directory expanded quite a bit since last year...

http://rehelv-acrd.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/preface-eng.aspx

Grapeshot said:
When you make a reservation, check off the government/military rate. Its usually a really good deal and you should have no problems getting reimbursed provided you stay at Holiday Inn or equivalent hotels..  If possible pay by credit card and your bill will have the exchange rate on it which is also claimable.

However, if you are travelling through te US, you still only get the Canadian meal, TD, and mileage rates. The good news is that most prices will be cheaper so in the long run you win out.

Most businesses in the US that honour military rate also accept Canadian military ID for those same rates. The savings can be substantial.

jippi said:
I am posted to edmonton from kingston and we will go trough the usa.how do i choose our hotels if the city we will stop arent in the brookfield directory?
thanks

http://rehelv-acrd.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/rechercher-search-eng.aspx

The city limit for cities that are not listed in the Directory is $100 CAD for Canada and $100 USD for the United States. For foreign city limits, please refer to the preface.

Back