• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hoping to join the Reserves

LadyPhoenix89

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello hoping to get some feedback and opinions... I am in the recruiting process for the Reserves. Ive passed the CFAT, PT and Interview. (So far has been a relatively fast process applied in Nov. 2019 Went to speak to recruiter end of Nov. 2019 and took and "passed" the CFAT, Medical and PT end of Jan. 2020 and just had an interview this week Feb 2020 with a Maj.)  Currently waiting on my medical and reliability screening. How long should it take to get notified by Ottawa for the medical?  Im worried that my medical may be denied due to some long past mental health issues I had growing up. Keep in mind its been about 7 years since Ive had any issues and no medication since 2012. Can they hold that against me? Would suck to work so hard and pass all the requirements but then be denied on the medical for stuff that happened as a teen/young adult.

Also in regards to basic training for the Reserves should I get accept a iob offer... I was under the impression (from what the recruiter said)that Basic was 6 weeks Monday-Friday but during the interview with a Maj. I thought he said it was only on weekends; so which is it?

In the summer you can go on the full time BMQ course but you can do the weekend course througout the year depending on logistics, staff and candidates.
the mental health shouldn't be a big issue seeing how you didn't need any medications and have'nt had any significant issues with it in the past few years.

For the most part the training would be weekends  + a day/month which is during the week, in such a day it would be getting in around 6pm and leaving at 1-2am.
- also consider that depending on the role you applied you may need different levels of security clearance,  the top-level security clearance can take up to 13 months.
- also depending on your trade, you may need to be away for training on the role right after BMQ, for such training there is no weekend, you would have to be away.

Just got the email and I was deemed unfit. Will now wait for the letter in the mail with the details and hopefully the option to appeal the RMOs decision. Really bummed but knew this was about a 99% probability of occurring so now have to get through the appeal. My doctor is 100% on board so hopefully she can sway the RMOs decision.

Back