• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hockey (fr Flying Station thread)

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Knightruler said:
what do they do about smoking now?  just on the weather decks?

Designated smoking area.  On the CPFs, it was the port breezeway, not sure if it still is or not.

You should really consider changing hockey teams.

But this is the year!  ;)

Occam said:

Yeah, but for the 
200px-Ottawa_Senators.svg.png
  :nod:

Knightruler said:
what do they do about smoking now?  just on the weather decks?

You should really consider changing hockey teams.

What Hockey Team?  Thought that was the crest for the Ladies Sewing Club.

the year you make the p[layoffs?  That's the Toronto Stanley  Cup right?  :salute:

E.R. Campbell said:
Yeah, but for the 
200px-Ottawa_Senators.svg.png
  :nod:

Not a fan of either but i think you have a much better chance than he does. I honestly don't understand why people cheer for the Leafs. I'm prolly the only one old enough to remember their last cup. And. it doesn't look like they will one in the foreseeable future.

:highjack:

Knightruler said:
Not a fan of either but i think you have a much better chance than he does. I honestly don't understand why people cheer for the Leafs. I'm prolly the only one old enough to remember their last cup. And. it doesn't look like they will one in the foreseeable future.

Hell, I remember this guy:
ted-kennedy.jpg
and an era, when I was just a kid, when the Leafs, not the Habs, were the dominant team, in the NHL.

God!!! You must be older than dirt. I remember watching them win their last cup. But, ever since you have to win more that 2 rounds they have done nothing. Do you ever get the feeling they may never win another one?

Knightruler said:
God!!! You must be older than dirt. I remember watching them win their last cup. But, ever since you have to win more that 2 rounds they have done nothing. Do you ever get the feeling they may never win another one?

Pretty close  :nod:  ... I enlisted over 50 years ago.

There's no reason why the Leafs, the richest team in the league I think, cannot buy/build a championship team. If Dallas, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Anaheim can manage why not Toronto or, better still, Ottawa?

daniel-alfredsson-7.jpg

Well, I'm not that far behind you. I enlisted 50 years ago this year.  I agree they SHOULD be able to win the cup. But, There a some franchises in all sports that never win it all. I seriously think the Leafs are one of those teams. With all their money and high priced management they can't even make the playoffs, in a league where more teams make the playoffs than not.

Knightruler said:
Well, I'm not that far behind you. I enlisted 50 years ago this year.  I agree they SHOULD be able to win the cup. But, There a some franchises in all sports that never win it all. I seriously think the Leafs are one of those teams. With all their money and high priced management they can't even make the playoffs, in a league where more teams make the playoffs than not.

Face it, it takes an awful long time to exorcise the evil spirits of people like Harold Ballard and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Fund.  ;D

uptheglens said:
Face it, it takes an awful long time to exorcise the evil spirits of people like Harold Ballard and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Fund.  ;D

Habs fans are in the process of realizing this.

Back