• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hockey Canada in the Government Crosshairs

How come you only show up when there's good news to share? :rolleyes:

Like in other areas with this sort of thing, I suspect people hearing about it leads to others saying, "holy crap, that happened to me, too."
That is very true.

And to be fair, a 3 million dollar payout can sure help change a memory of a one night stand and a brush off, to "I want some of that...."

There were a few NHL players on that team, some of which are still playing. I wonder if we are going to start seeing specific allegations roaring through the NHL? If it can happen to us, it can happen to them...they just have a lot more money to settle out of court with.

Circling back to Hockey Canada, interesting bit from Lisa Raitt on a political podcast today, with her take on what should happen (48:52 into the video here):
"You know what I want to see? Charges. When a couple of hockey players from the NHL serve their time behind bars because they sexually assaulted women, that's when you're going to get the change, and that's when you're going to get the tone change for these up and coming young hockey players."
Worth listening to her whole couple-of-minutes statement.

I’m watching the hearings. The MPs really don’t like Hockey Canada. The questions are fair and I think the current leadership may be able to sort shit out.

Having said that time will tell. I do think the PM needs to stay out of it.

Hockey Canada should IMO never speak of how bad other organizations (they have not) are and focus solely on what their org needs to do.

Bit of the latest ...

A bit more of the latest ...

Dog pile (whatever organization you want to insert here) call for resignations- I think if the CEO was smart he’d walk away and give a big eff you to all the dogpilers.

Hockey Canada has a lot to answer for that I will agree with. They need to clean it up. Name names.

But ffs give them a chance

A bit more of the latest ...

Get them! ;)

Space Swarm GIF by Moonfall

"Hockey Canada has paid out $7.6 million in settlements since 1989, plus an additional $1.3 million in insured settlements"

Oh my god those perverted players hang them all!!

"Of the $7.6 million that was paid out from the special fund, $6.8 million was used to settle claims related to Graham James, a former coach convicted of abusing players. Another 11 payments were made to victims who weren’t subject to sexual abuse."

Oh....

Chair stepping down ...