• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Kingston & Moncton SAR Aug '07

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I was sent these pics of a SAR that KIN and MCT did in August.  The friend that sent them to me has misplaced the article about the SAR and I haven't been able to track it down.  So if someone else has it or can find it, maybe they can add it to this thread.  Thanks.  In the meantime, enjoy these pictures and even moreso, enjoy the fact that you weren't onboard any of the vessels!  :blotto:

It may be in the Marlant paper. I"ll take a took.  ;)

TN2IC said:
It may be in the Marlant paper. I"ll take a took.  ;)

Thank you.  The date that was in the email with the pictures was 9 Aug, if that helps with finding the article.

My god, whose bright idea was it to sail a little boat in seas like that. I have no sailing experience outside my parents' stories, but that just doesn't look safe.

Was this some kind of exercise?

That is NO "little" boat. If the skip and crew have experience, they can sail through most any weather.

Snaketnk said:
Was this some kind of exercise?

AFAIK this was the real thing.  Once (if) the article on the situation is found, I'm sure it will explain more.

rememebr boys & girls.... don't puke into the wind!

geo

remember boys & girls.... don't puke into the wind!

Man  I'm not sure what's  makes me laugh more  is that you said that or the fact that at one point and time some one did that  ;D

:)

Been there and done that... (watched that is :))

Back