• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Halifax - Great Lakes Deployment

that Flash thing is very cool.

there was an article in the papers about how 38 new Canadian citizens were sworn in on Halifax the other day - would be a nice place to do it when my turn comes up.  Maybe we could get Haida back from where Sheila Copps moved it or else get another ship when one comes up for decommissioning.

It is too bad they did not offer tours in kingston. It would have been interesting.

9Tiger9 said:
It is too bad they did not offer tours in kingston. It would have been interesting.
Very difficult to properly provide public tours of the ship when you are at anchor. Not impossible, but much more logistically challenging and costly as you have to use the RHIB and hire local boats to ferry people back and forth. You then have to consider the inherent risks of ferrying people and of their embarking on and off 2 moving platforms.

Very cool link. thanks mich. I have a Padre colleague on board and he's reporting that it's a very busy trip. I guess they are in Thunder bay for the weekend.

Visited the ship May 20th in Windsor, wish we had more access but it was worth the trip.

Back