• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HK G11, REALLY COOL

ghazise

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_G11,,00.html?ESRC=dod.nl

I thought I might share this with everyone, It's a really cool rifle.

Certainly an advance in technology, but I wonder about the effectiveness of the round. At 4.73mm, we're starting to approch a round that is about the diameter of a .177 air rifle pellet.

More of a technology demonstrator than an actual service rifle. Just like the steyr flechette "rifles".

The caseless ammo concept will probably return in the future, but only time will tell.

It's great to see new weapons and rifles like this one to come out, but you have to remember the KISS saying (keep it simple stupid). that loading system looks like it is bound to have problems and a malfunctioning rifle is obviously not a good thing. why do you think the AK is used worldwide.... its cheap and very reliable.

Bigwig...the weapon is not new nor was it ever issued. Ther German army went with the G41 and then the G36.

The G41 was never issued,the Germans went from G3 to G36 in 1996.The only thing that killed the G11 project was the reunification of germany and the political atmosphere that cahnged after the wall fell. the bugs had been finally ironed out with ammunition and HK was ready to ramp up production.there were rumours that the G11 was issued to special opeerations units but they are not confirmed,and it is doubtful with the adoption of the g36 that any remain in service (if any at all).

I have a Janes guns Handbook that says otherwise but I will take your word for it.

The G41 was intended to compete with the M16 series,in the world arms market,but it never did catch on .It was never fielded in general service in the German Army,except in limited numbers with SOF units and police services. The cancellation of the G11 almost bankrupted Heckler and Koch,and was a factor in it's take over by Royal Ordinance,the company is once again owned by a group of German investors.

Back