• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High-ranking Canadian Forces soldier sentenced to 5 months in jail

211RadOp

Reaction score
High-ranking Canadian Forces soldier sentenced to 5 months in jail

CBC News · Posted: Oct 03, 2018 1:26 PM ET | Last Updated: October 3

A high-ranking soldier in Canada's military has been sentenced to five months in jail after he pleaded guilty to disgraceful conduct for voyeurism at a court martial on Tuesday.
Master Warrant Officer Mardie Reyes received his sentence on Wednesday, Lt. Nadine Abou Rjeily, a public affairs officer with the Canadian Armed Forces, confirmed to CBC Toronto.
He will serve his sentence in Edmonton, she said. His rank will also be reduced to sergeant.
Reyes, who was sergeant-major of the Denison Armoury and acted as a chief disciplinarian and counsellor to his subordinates, admitted to secretly recording bathroom video of female colleagues multiple times.
A courtroom packed with uniformed soldiers, Reyes's peers, heard Tuesday that he targeted a female subordinate whom he was mentoring.
The victims' identities are protected by a publication ban.
In a joint submission, both the prosecution and civilian defence lawyer requested five months' imprisonment and a reduced ranking.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/high-ranking-canadian-forces-soldier-sentenced-to-5-months-in-jail-1.4848905

While no mention of reg or reserve, given the armoury I'll assume reserve, so not just one but two careers ruined, and in five months once out I doubt he will be trusted by any female peers, and will be on the shortest leash that can be found.

Dennison Armoury is the home of both Reg F and Res F units, notably 4 Div HQ, 32 CBG HQ and a number of 32 CBG and lodger units.

His unit and component aren't really of significance. It's a failure of leadership and criminal.

...with that said, it's publicly available info and anyone with a keyboard can figure it out now.

I suspect that he will have a file opened through DMCA 2 to conduct an Administrative Review. I would not be surprised at all, given the importance of Operation HONOUR and the exceedingly clear orders that our CDS has given us on ending all HISB, that a recommendation for release under item 5f is rendered. He has clearly demonstrated a failure in leadership, and cannot be safely employed around female members of the CAF.

Staff Weenie said:
I suspect that he will have a file opened through DMCA 2 to conduct an Administrative Review. I would not be surprised at all, given the importance of Operation HONOUR and the exceedingly clear orders that our CDS has given us on ending all HISB, that a recommendation for release under item 5f is rendered. He has clearly demonstrated a failure in leadership, and cannot be safely employed around female members of the CAF.

Good analysis and would agree.

Staff Weenie said:

Or any members of the CAF. Individuals such as this must be purged from the institution as soon as they are discovered.

Back