• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey what happened to the Queen's Medal?

pipesnake

Inactive
Reaction score
Checking on the net it says that the competition has not been held for the past three years. Is that right? I'm out so I don't know. That would be a shame.

Pipesnake

???  Sad to see it go.  Shows the forces priorities when marksmanship isn't supported.  I guess they were all attending SHARP training.

Steve

SteveB said:
???   Sad to see it go.   Shows the forces priorities when marksmanship isn't supported.   I guess they were all attending SHARP training.
Steve

Or perhaps they are too busy on operations to indulge in competitions...

I know I am on an archaeological dig here, but. Anyone have any info on the CF bringing service rifle comps back?

Why not we have service golf competions, wouldn't you agree at least a rifle competition serves a greater military purpose than ones ability to propel a little white ball directly at a tree

Now there's a reason to have one!

You could give a Queen's Medal to the winner of the rifle competition    :eek:

...or to the winner of the golf tournament......      ::)

"A golf course is a deliberate and willfull missuse of a perfectly good rifle range"

Stolen (of course) from a different forum elsewhere on the net but very appropriate none the less.
;D

Morpheus32 had posted on CGN that CFSAC would be back in '07.

I'd have scrapped regimental hockey before the rifle teams -- but I forgot -- we play hockey with the taliban  ::)
  Or the squandered money on Strong Contender etc...

Though for SECOND place, I would support golf over hockey.  Pro golfers get paid only when they win, and golf courses seem to be self-financing, unlike arenas. 

Also, with the Golf, the spectators appear to be somewhat higher on the evolutionary scale.

I don't golf.

;)

Okay....golf on the range... pick your mount... line up to the target and hit it. It's been done a few times...

Grandville Ferry Range 05/06

Regards,
TN2IC

I had a lot of good times at the Granville Ferry Range!

Back