• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey look, another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
martr said:
The deadline was January 15th 2009 actually. I would go to the Recruiting Center ASAP to see if there's any way you can submit a late application.

Martin.

Oops, I meant 2010-11, as in when are we allowed to submit applications for that ROTP period? Decided to postpone my application until then.

You got me a bit confused (easily done).
You want to delay your application by one year because you want to do RD this summer or the next two summers?

The application process starts every fall for the cohort entering the system in the spring/summer for basic training and Mil Col/university in the fall.
So, the period you will skip by not proceeding now would be this coming summer. The next application period would be 2009-10, so you would go to basic in the spring 2010. The one after would be 2010-11 and would start training in the spring 2011. The exact dates are probably not posted yet so you will have to keep checking with the RC early in the fall.

cheers,
Frank

Is the dates for the next ROTP application up online somewhere?

Now that university is done for the summer, and presently between employments while waiting for EI, been actively thinking about applying for CF. I held off from applying last time due to coming financial issues, too last minute, and oh ya, roller derby, which has been keeping occupied lately.

With the ups and downs of moving, work stopping giving me work, barely scraping by while my credit takes a further beating, etc, resulted in less focus on university and flunking a class I have been struggling to keep up. After the feedback from the prof, not even sure about competency for University, mainly in regards to writing papers and exams dealing with theories and philosophy. Keep saying to myself I would have done better if only had University to worry about, but not so sure with my present morale. Whatever the case, I will have to retake the course and couple of others I received bad marks on from the previous year for similar reasons.

Apart from that, becoming normal now for to actively thinking about applying for CF,  yet also keep it to myself. Feels like coming out, I swear, not knowing who will look at you strangely or not, end the friendship, get the political rants which I already pretty well, and so on. With not knowing what to do when I "grow up", CF only thing that is jumping to my mind, with rest being things I would like to do or not to do (volunteer board of directors for some non-profit organizations, marshaling at some marches and protests, help organize and coordinate and run events, stage managing, working with others in projects, roller derby, etc) which I would not mind getting paid for...at least doing without worrying about finances I should say.

With the recent blahs with University, not even sure if I should continue trying for ROTP, or just straight out apply and maybe complete University later in life or something. Before going to Recruitment Centre again with my application, which I prefer submitting ASAP to keep the references valid, need to get the transcript after getting EI, and also getting my debt consolidated as well. Still looking into Intelligence and Aerospace Control, now Signal Operator. I am not hundred percent as they are mainly interests, but I do know rather avoid Naval. Air first and Ground second for me. My teammates husband, who works at the Recruiting Centre, mentioned MARS, but avoided answering that.

So yes, that is the plan for the month in that regards: get EI, debt consolidation, transcript, and then apply.

Okay, some of those goals have been achieved. Transcript have not acquired yet, partially due to getting not so great grades from last term which I expected due very up and down circumstances. Problem is those grades knock me down to conditional standing with the University. I know I can resolve it by retaking that class and couple of others from last year, but does not make very confident on using my transcript for anything right now. I will still get it and submit the completed application anyways, as I will not know for sure unless I do and without being able explain it in the interview and qualification process.

I have done a lot of good things that I am proud of, and others I know I can do, but hard to prove it on paper. I may not exactly know what I would like to do with my life, I do know I would like to make a difference, positive and productive one. I started university as something to achieve, to prove to myself at least that I can do it which I previously thought I would not be able to. Of course, life makes a point to not make it easy. Not just with obstacles that threatens one's circumstantial stability, but good things as well.

So yes, not letting another week go by without submitting that application. May just apply without the university aspect too.

So, I submitted the application. Got delayed further as I received the marks for the last term, and found out I can't get an official transcript until I pay whatever money I presently owe University which will not happen any time soon.

After being nudge by the recruiter last weekend (partnered to a teammate), came in finally, and after discussing it further, decided to stick with non-commission for now, with Aerospace Control (lots of openings presently), Intelligence (doubt it, but does not hurt to try), and Naval Communications (base on the discussion we had).

Now that the ball is rolling, now time to just wait for it to get processed and security clearance to get through.

mellian said:
So, I submitted the application. Got delayed further as I received the marks for the last term, and found out I can't get an official transcript until I pay whatever money I presently owe University which will not happen any time soon.

After being nudge by the recruiter last weekend (partnered to a teammate), came in finally, and after discussing it further, decided to stick with non-commission for now, with Aerospace Control (lots of openings presently), Intelligence (doubt it, but does not hurt to try), and Naval Communications (base on the discussion we had).

Now that the ball is rolling, now time to just wait for it to get processed and security clearance to get through.

That really blows about the university debt. . .

But great on you that you are staying with a CF idea, nothing wrong with NCM and you can always try for Officer down the road once debt is paid for if you still wish :)

Goodluck!

That is the plan, and gives me the opportunity to gain experience and time to determine whether being an officer would be right for me, or even whether the CF would be in the longer term.

I received a nice wake up call this morning. As soon as the recruiter said 'Canadian Forces', I went from half awake grogginess to fully awake in a mere second. So I have aptitude testing later this week.

mellian said:
I received a nice wake up call this morning. As soon as the recruiter said 'Canadian Forces', I went from half awake grogginess to fully awake in a mere second. So I have aptitude testing later this week.

Good luck ... STUDY STUDY STUDY for the Apptitude test! All of your trade selections require high scores on the CFAT, so you have to do well (www.math.com)

Otis said:
Good luck ... STUDY STUDY STUDY for the Apptitude test! All of your trade selections require high scores on the CFAT, so you have to do well (www.math.com)

I took Otis' advice and I passed a couple months ago!

Larkvall said:
I took Otis' advice and I passed a couple months ago!

WHAT?!? Someone admits to listening to ME?

Larkvall, you'll go nowhere admitting things like THAT! (any more than you would telling people ArmyVern needs pants!)

:D

Otis said:

Yes, that is my plan, especially the day before. :)

I completed the Aptitude Testing, as well as the Drug form. As I thought, butchered the math portion, but from what I understand we pass, as in meet the requirement of our choices. Yet, bit confused as half those who did the test went for interviews right away, and then soon later told by someone else we made the Aptitude requirements, here is the date for medical check ups, and see you later. Now doubting myself whether I should have waited, or was okay to leave...

Anyway, another month and the half of waiting as medical is first of september. I may call occasional to check for cancellations, and at least tomorrow to determine when the interview will be.

So yes, feels anti-climatic somewhat after week of excitement and serious thought about all this.

The People that went for interviews were being counselled because they either did not pass or did not do well enough to get the trade they selected.

If you were told you passed, you did fine and weren't wrong to leave when they told you that you were done. Congratulations, first step down, one step closer to joining!

Otis said:
The People that went for interviews were being counselled because they either did not pass or did not do well enough to get the trade they selected.

If you were told you passed, you did fine and weren't wrong to leave when they told you that you were done. Congratulations, first step down, one step closer to joining!

Yes, that is what I am told (by the teammate's partner who works at RC), but forgot to ask if would be possible to maybe have the medical elsewhere if can get it sooner, like the RC in Ottawa which I am willing to pay a bus ticket to do...

Unfortunately that's not usually possible ... they want to keep your files all in the same place generally.

Otis said:
Unfortunately that's not usually possible ... they want to keep your files all in the same place generally.

I figured, but wouldn't hurt to ask. Oh well, at least I have derby to keep me occupied and fit in the meantime, and need to to really focus on upper body strength exercises. I make the minimum for push ups and sit ups, but cannot do even a single chin up. I will have to find monkey bars or something work on those...

Also considering at least changing one of my occupation choices, due to limited opening anyway. Maybe replace Intelligence with Armour, and ignore my friends advice on what 'is safe' for that one.

Way back when, I use to be in the air cadets for several years of my life. I remember the other week when I did CFAT, they also got us to fill out some missing signatures and info in our applications. The CFAT officer mention something about cadets, but I was distracted while looking at what was missing in the forms and did not hear what he said exactly at that point. I guessed something about checking off if any of us been in the cadets. So I look through the form quickly to see where one is suppose to do so, and only found the cadet instructor portion Part B1.

Well, it has been occasionally nagging me since in the back of my mind, and then checked the application form and found the portion he was probably referring to in Part C. I do not remember if I previously checked it off or not, or whether I didn't because I thought it would not make a difference.

Would it make a difference if I did cadets in the past and forgot to check it on the application? My thought that it was not be a big deal, especially as I ended up not doing anything significant with the cadets, as in no summer camp training and such due to constantly moving and forced to change squadrons a few times. Due to lack of progress in the cadets and other issues, I simply left when I was 16. Oh and legally changed my name since then (yes, that is included in the application).

Base on some of the cadet info I found on the site, since I did no training and such, left early, and been a decade later, it would not contribute to anything when joining as Regular NCM. Sure, I still have some knowledge from that experience like drill and such which I cannot forget like one cannot forget how to ride a bicycle, but that only helps to some degree initially in BMQ.

Yet, will it cause any problems if they discover I did cadets and that is not mentioned in the application? Would it slow the application process if I do mention it, especially as they would have to contact 4 different squadrons, one of whom is in BC?

...*gets her cell and simply calls RC*

Since it has been more than 10 years ago, and I never received any serial number as I was never employed within the cadets, makes no difference if I checked it off or not.

Also there has been no cancellations in medical. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back