• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey all...got the call!

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
  Hey there guys....I'm pretty excited so I figured I'd tell anyone that'll listen.  Got the call today and was offered my first choice...Naval Electronics Tech( Tactical)!  I get sworn in thursday then I'm off to St. Jean on the 26th.
  Can't wait to be part of the forces family!(Navy in particular.. ;D...)
  Cheers all
Steve :cdn:

CallOfDuty said:
  Hey there guys....I'm pretty excited so I figured I'd tell anyone that'll listen.  Got the call today and was offered my first choice...Naval Electronics Tech( Tactical)!  I get sworn in thursday then I'm off to St. Jean on the 26th.
  Can't wait to be part of the forces family!(Navy in particular.. ;D...)
  Cheers all

so your a seaman now eh? bett you can't wait for your first promotion hummm the rank Master seaman makes me chuckle but hey good Job you an Officer or NCO?    :salute:

I'll c you @ S37 in a few months then.  lol...NET hope you like being in school. 

Congrates though.

:cdn:

Got my call too....  Will be in St. Jean Feb 26th.  Going for LCIS Tech

CI.Robertson said:
so your a seaman now eh? bett you can't wait for your first promotion hummm the rank Master seaman makes me chuckle but hey good Job you an Officer or NCO?    :salute:

the first promotion after able seaman is Leading seaman it takes two promotion's to get to Master seaman

Thanks everyone!    Hey Navy_blue...what is S37?  As for the school part, It's been 10 years since I sat in a classroom.....so it'll be a change, thats for sure.:)
  Hey peachycaper.....are you leaving from Halifax on the 26th?
Cheers guys
Steve

Congrats COD.

Quick question: How long from the time you completed the first stage of applying to the point you got the call?

Thanks,
bbupd

Hey there bbpud.....I handed in my application around the beginning of November.
  It could have went a little faster probably, but I was hung up on a medical thing that I had to get straightened out.
Cheers all

S37 is the building you lucky NET's get call school in Halifax.  Its the Building the MSE and CSE get the academics phases of there courses out of the way.  You will get to spend a few years there before you even get to think of sailing.  Good luck from the sounds of it we need allot of you guys.

Cheers

:cdn:

CallOfDuty said:
  Thanks everyone!    Hey Navy_blue...what is S37?

S-37 is the designation for a building at Stadaconia in CFB Halifax
S= Stadaconia
37= Building number

This is one of the main NET school buildings in Halifax

couple of silly questions for you guys..........................Since I'll be training at Stadacona............do they provide meals there?
  Also, do you get an 30min. or an hour for lunch, and as well are you able to use the gym or swim during your break?
  Cheers guys
Steve

Back