• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

help settle a bet

bLUE fOX

Reaction score
I am trying to settle a gentlemen's  bet about PERI. I have scoured the internet, the CFP 201, Cadet Dress regs and this site, and have thus far found nothing. My questions are as follows:

1) The grey issue pants, shorts, shirts and sweaters, are they an actual level of dress? and if so what is it?
2) What is the standard for saluting in this level of dress (if it is in fact an authorized level of dress)?
3) what publications can I use to reference this?

Cheers

The irony is that that was the last page I looked at prior to coming here. Would the uniform chart at the middle of the page translate into todays orders of dress? I mean those are branch specific uniforms for a disbanded branch, and I am asking about the current issue clothing. THank you though for your assistance.

In the CF, PERI is a defunct/disbanded trade and is replaced by the civilians belonging to PSP.

As far as I know, the Greys are not an official level of dress. they are not issued as a uniform, and I don't know of any units that even use it as PT gear, normally PT strip is Regimental or branch specific.

As for saluting, no beret = no hi 5.

ToRN said:
As far as I know, the Greys are not an official level of dress. they are not issued as a uniform, and I don't know of any units that even use it as PT gear, normally PT strip is Regimental or branch specific.

As for saluting, no beret = no hi 5.

That being said, here at CTC I have seen courses all decked out in that grey PT gear for uniformity (except the instructors)

Sorry, I forgot the clarify that.

on course and in unit are two completely different beasts.

On any career course, the emphasis is on uniformity, and teamwork. You are being molded in the image of a Canadian forces soldier and leader, and need to look the part.

as per regimental wear, what about if worn with something like a ships ball cap? Also again thanks for the input guys

Some answers to your various questions.

Although not stated in CFP 265 Dress Regs, some units list gray sweats under:

ORDERS OF DRESS – GARRISON

No. 4 Operational (Garrison); All Ranks
No.4A Recreational (Garrison); All Ranks

Ref: http://www.thequeensowncameronhighlandersofcanada.net/regiment/dress_regs.html

CFP 265 - Navy combat dress ball caps:

A navy black unit’s ball cap (red for sea training) may be worn as an alternate, optional item
with naval combat dress aboard ships at sea, in the confines of the dockyard, in designated corridors,
and Naval Reserve Divisions. The only marking authorized on the front panel of the cap is the unit’s
name and designator with side numbers as applicable.

Saluting while in fitness clothing is done by checking your arms to your side even if running.  It is unlikely that you would wear a ship's ball cap and fitness clothing and be expected to salute.

CFP 201 CF Drill and Ceremonial Manual states that aboard ship:

Non-commissioned members shall salute when addressing, or being addressed by, an officer,
and again on withdrawing.

Back