• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helicopter/Cyclone discussion (split from HMCS Fredricton thread)

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Sorry; SMG = Standard Manoeuvre Guide; a publication that covers a host of procedures, practices, restrictions, etc related to a specific fleet. Also known as a SMM (Standard Manoevre Manual). The LRP SMM is 200+ pages...and covered by CTAT/Controlled Goods policies.

They will also contain warnings, cautions, notes, as well as "should/shall/may/will/must" statements.

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry; SMG = Standard Manoeuvre Guide; a publication that covers a host of procedures, practices, restrictions, etc related to a specific fleet. Also known as a SMM (Standard Manoevre Manual). The LRP SMM is 200+ pages...and covered by CTAT/Controlled Goods policies.

They will also contain warnings, cautions, notes, as well as "should/shall/may/will/must" statements.
We can't even get the damn names of two documents sync'd up.

SMG = SMM.

Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
We can't even get the damn names of two documents sync'd up.

SMG = SMM.

Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN
It is now.

The Cyclone has an SMM. The Sea King had an SMG. There was no point in doing document name change in the Sea King Twilight years.

Underway

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
The RCAF won’t do Helo ASM unless and until the RCN makes it a high priority.

Even then, it ain’t as simple to mod the helo as your friend made it out to be.
We were talking about a Hellfire upgrade, which I don't think is covered under ASM mounting as it's a much smaller missle system. But yah not a simple upgrade I'm sure. It was nice to be excited about new kit for a change though I'll tell you.