• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Having a doctor fill out a vision questionnaire?

Bah! I just got one of these things in the mail.

I don't know what the new vision requirements are. I hope I still make it through. 

I hope does not interfere with my application or stall it further.

Sigh, $80 I could be spending on beer.  :warstory:

Remember that the new vision requirments may make a few applicants V4, so it might be best in my own opinion to start looking at trades which have lower vision standards which any of you can apply for. In retrospect I should have done that more as I pinned all my hopes on infantry, and got a job offer and bmq date only later to be given a spot as a Signal Operator instead.

FreeFloat said:
Hearing: goes from H1 upwards according to how bad your hearing is.  Again most trades will want an H1 factor.

I was originally rated H1, but the second time they subjected me to the box, I was recovering from a cold, so they actually wrote down "H1 or H2".

I seem to recall looking at the requirements for various trades, and most were H2 I though.  I could be mistaken; maybe I'm thinking of a different category.

So, can anyone tell me if the CF is testing everyone who already in there trades?

So would this be a part of the recruiting process???

Skinny said:
So, can anyone tell me if the CF is testing everyone who already in there trades?

If you have not been enrolled then yes you can be tested and if you don't meet the new vision standards you will not be enrolled.

ya thats teh only thing for medical that i ahve to get checked.. got reading glasses.... and when i was doing teh quick eye check teh WO seemed concerned that my vision may be a little off..... but where it was only 1 montha go that i had my eyes tested... and my perscrtiom has not changed...... i only have to get the form filled in from teh chart from that visit... no extra charges.. lol..... but my eyes are not bad at all.... anyone that have looked through them says its like looking throught a regular sheet of mindow glass..... i would not worry to much about the vision test unless your glasses are a foot thick

-1.5 and -2.5? Shouldn't have anyprobs. Not sure bout the -2.5.

I have received the same letter recently, and yes it's to do with the new vision requirements and whatnot. I have -2.00 and -2.25 and they said I had no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure if those numbers have to do with your ability to see though, maybe just glasses prescriptions. They're looking for 6/120 uncorrected and 20/20 corrected, I think.

I think they changed it to 6/60 uncorrected. I had 6/120 uncorrected and 20/20 corrected and I wasn't able to go into a combat arm.

I don't remember what I had, but the med staff there said it was good for armoured, so woo to that. beer anyone?

I have a 6/120 vision as well, and that's a v3 level.  Is the new visual acuit policy still V3 for combat arms?  Can someone enlighten me about this?

INGm said:
I have a 6/120 vision as well, and that's a v3 level.   Is the new visual acuit policy still V3 for combat arms?   Can someone enlighten me about this?

Once again, the vision standards for the trades have not changed.  However, the standards for the various vision levels have changed.  So it is stil V3 for Cbt Arms.

I have a 6/120 vision as well, and that's a v3 level.  Is the new visual acuit policy still V3 for combat arms?  Can someone enlighten me about this?

I think with the new vision standards you will now be a V/4, as I was correctable to 20/20, and uncorrected at 6/120 and was told I could no longer go into the combat arms. If I'm wrong then anybody feel free to correct me.

Back