• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hate Springs Yet Again

slowmode

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not going to put much of a intro to this topic due to the fact what I wrote speaks for its self. I always like to inform people of the hate going around. Its sad that some people dont see it so this is why you have to always show them stories like this.
This happend to me in the morning.

I would like to think we live in a country where there’s no hate. Unfortunately it’s the complete opposite; we have a lot of people that hate. Now hate is a very loose term, when I refer to hate I mean racial hate.

People come to this country to seek a better life, or so I would believe. You have immigrants that come to this country to get away from war, or corruption, they come here to the true north strong and free to have freedoms.

Canada, being a very multicultural society, accepts these people. We welcome there hand here as long as they follow the laws and learn to live with our social values. We do not want people bringing their squalls from there other country back here.

Today I got quite a disturbing message from someone. I won’t mention this person’s name due to respect. The message was uncalled for and really random but none the less disgusting. The message is (un-edited to show how terrible this persons grammar, and choice of wording is):

"Like youra fag stupid stupid stupid arab . like your ashaamed of being arab like your a goof, llike in the army fighting puitting your life on the line when its not even your COUNTRY your fighting for . stupid ugly cow. like your not cool like i hope you get shoot in the head nad liek you die your so stupid your existance doesnt make a diffrence for anyone."

Now I'm just a reservist, I'm not even trade qualified but I would like to think my efforts are good enough. I won’t comment too much on what she said other than the fact that people like this are very closed minded. They have to stop taking what they have for granted. Also the persons English needs work, not that mines perfect.

Anyway the person who wrote this message to me I'm sure you will read this note. Let it be known that your closed view of our society and our people here will lead you nowhere in life. In fact it will just dig you a bigger hole every time you continue to insult people. But you know what’s great about this country...YOU HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT.

Cheers

Slowmode

Isn't it wonderful that we can live in a country that can allow people to express their personal feelings, without getting killed for it?

I'll hold my tongue on this, since I'd be on a warning if I said what I really felt.

Still find it hard to read what she sent to you, even when you first showed me.

-Beav

Was it a member of this site? Did you report it to army.ca staff?

And I think, honestly, you should 'out' the person who sent it to you to allow him/her to be exposed for the public humiliation they so justly deserve.

Piper said:
Was it a member of this site? Did you report it to army.ca staff?

And I think, honestly, you should 'out' the person who sent it to you to allow him/her to be exposed for the public humiliation they so justly deserve.

Thankfully the LADY who told me this is not part of army.ca. I posted this first on my facebook profile on a note; knowing she would read it.

Personally I don't condone public humiluation however I do condone exsposing this topic, as I said to one ignorant (Enter colorful word here) civi when I was in the RCR's "I'm glad to see the very freedom that I am helping to protect is doing you well!"  It's too bad that some people abuse freedom of speech however it's their right but it's not right to say things that she has said without her facing somesort of concequence for her words.  Oh well the power of Karma!

chris_502 said:
Personally I don't condone public humiluation however I do condone exsposing this topic, as I said to one ignorant (Enter colorful word here) civi when I was in the RCR's "I'm glad to see the very freedom that I am helping to protect is doing you well!"  It's too bad that some people abuse freedom of speech however it's their right but it's not right to say things that she has said without her facing somesort of concequence for her words.  Oh well the power of Karma!
Exactly why I did not put the name. But its great to expose topics like this from time to time to inform the public.

Just because someone says it does not make it true.

It always amazes me how some go out of their way to be mean and cruel. 

Not even worth the effort.

What a jacka$$!!!!! ::)

slowmode said:
I won’t comment too much on what she said ...

Surprising that a female would send a hate message, and secondly, what the...

About posting it on your facebook, maybe take it down, show that it doesn't affect you, nor should it.

A Canadian citizen no matter; colour, langauge, origin, etc, is still as equal and no better or less then the rest.

File a compliant - what she did can be considered criminal but can be pursued under the charter...we can not tolerate shit like that within' our society.

lennoj said:
Surprising that a female would send a hate message, and secondly, what the...

About posting it on your facebook, maybe take it down, show that it doesn't affect you, nor should it.

A Canadian citizen no matter; colour, langauge, origin, etc, is still as equal and no better or less then the rest.

File a compliant - what she did can be considered criminal but can be pursued under the charter...we can not tolerate shit like that within' our society.

I am going to disagree with you on this one lennoj. Firstly, I wasn't surprised it was female, but I also wouldn't have been surprised if it had not been female. Slowmode didn't say in his post that it was a female we only learnt of that from subsequent posts. The fact it was a female is to me, irrelevant. Secondly, I believe posting it at his facebook was appropriate for two reason, one that is where the hate message was posted and two, to have not responded may have been taken by the individual as condoned behaviour. Lastly, I would not file a complaint for a few reasons. Firstly, the message did not make a whole lot of sense. Secondly yes we all have rights under the charter and at times the government will step in and deny someones right due to its infringement on the rights of others however cases like this are rarely successful and requirement a great deal of time and money. Thirdly, Slowmode is a young man and I figured the hate message was written by a young woman who I hope as she matures and gains more life experience will learn the errors of her ways. To sum up, I believe Slowmode showed he did not tolerate her behaviour by posting that reply on his facebook.

I hate to be overly analytical here…

Firstly, I wasn't surprised it was female, but I also wouldn't have been surprised if it had not been female. Slowmode didn't say in his post that it was a female we only learnt of that from subsequent posts. The fact it was a female is to me, irrelevant.

What I was suggesting towards females and sending hate messages was more along the lines of men are more so guilty then women. Ie: When was the last time you heard a racial slur from a female opposed from a male? See the ratio?

Notwithstanding, as you hinted: hate messages that are discriminative, racial, bias, prejudice, or even xenophobia in that matter are simply wrong and must be dealt with appropriately.

one that is where the hate message was posted

Does it matter where the message is replied too? The only proper ways to deal with this is not by playing games like ex-high school lovers but to deal with it through the proper channels. Let it go, or file a complaint.

Lastly, I would not file a complaint for a few reasons. Firstly, the message did not make a whole lot of sense. Secondly yes we all have rights under the charter and at times the government will step in and deny someones right due to its infringement on the rights of others however cases like this are rarely successful and requirement a great deal of time and money. Thirdly, Slowmode is a young man and I figured the hate message was written by a young woman who I hope as she matures and gains more life experience will learn the errors of her ways.

Hate is hate. Whether it makes sense or doesn’t. There are two types of discrimination. In direct and direct. Does a swastika make much sense? Only if you associate it with Hitler and the mass murders. (Indirect) But in the message, no matter how high or low your intelligence, you can clearly make out what the point is. (Direct)

I do not want to sound like my ethics teacher, but if you do not correct an individuals problem what happens? It becomes a truth. When a paradigm shift occurs an individual views a message as truthfulness and eventually accepts it, then we have a real bad problem on our hands without going into detail. Term: Social Conditioning

Secondly yes we all have rights under the charter and at times the government will step in and deny someones right due to its infringement on the rights of others however cases like this are rarely successful and requirement a great deal of time and money

Time - yes: Typically one year, maybe more.
Cost – none

Google is not a relevant source of law. In Canada, you can file a complaint under the charter which then processes the complaint to a Human Rights Officer. The officer then will investigate and will determine whether or not it is relevant enough to proceed with hearings and/or if something can be negotiated(negotiations only exist under employment statues). The complainee will not have to be present at the tribunal nor commission as the commission acts on their behalf. The cost? FREE!

The only way to pay for something under the charter is if you take the law and pursue it as a civil matter. Thus law suits.

Pilon, I hate being over analytical but I believe in equality, no matter the burden placed upon us. I hope I have cleared up my stance on this particular matter and don’t take this as an attack as it is only to “clear” things up.

Cheers,

Like youra fag stupid stupid stupid arab . like your ashaamed of being arab like your a goof, llike in the army fighting puitting your life on the line when its not even your COUNTRY your fighting for . stupid ugly cow. like your not cool like i hope you get shoot in the head nad liek you die your so stupid your existance doesnt make a diffrence for anyone."

uh, grade 3, maybe at a stretch grade 4 literacy equivalent.....this is not the brightest bulb in the bunch.....then again, maybe she is the bright bulb, which leads to the question of "if this the best, what of the rest?"

Just ignore that girl, from the looks of it her IQ is that of a lima bean and she "really" needs to go back to grammar school. What an ignorant a**wipe.

slowmode said:
... Now I'm just a reservist, ...

Slowmode,

There is no such thing as "just" a Reservist.

And about the woman who insulted you: Take pity on her - She is clearly trappped in her own demented Hell.

Awesome replies guys.

It doesn't matter if it was a female or male, all the same in my mind. I posted it on facebook because you cant let stuff like that be tolerated. By posting it on facebook and showing it to many people I found it a great way to express my anger.

I've never had any relations with this girl, as in girl friend wise. In fact i've done nothing but help this girl. But the point is its a really random act that cant be accepted. I just always like to get the message across that theirs fools.

I hate to be overly analytical here…

Then don't  (j/k) :) and don't worry I haven't taken your reply as an attack. I welcome the discussion.

What I was suggesting towards females and sending hate messages was more along the lines of men are more so guilty then women. Ie: When was the last time you heard a racial slur from a female opposed from a male? See the ratio?

I don't know the ratio, I would guess it would be consistent with the ratio of males to females in this country. Since it is a guess I could be wrong.

Does it matter where the message is replied too?
I personally would want to respond directly to the individual.

The only proper ways to deal with this is not by playing games like ex-high school lovers but to deal with it through the proper channels. Let it go, or file a complaint.
I did not take his reply as playing games but thats my perception of it. Letting it go is an option, I would first attempt to talk to her about it. As far as complaints, I could see complaining to the site administrator, I doubt facebook tolerates those sort of comments/messages. I don't see myself getting any other authorities involved at this point.

Hate is hate. Whether it makes sense or doesn’t.
To clarify, when I wrote it did not make a whole lot of sense I was implying something along the lines of what GAP wrote. I should of made that more clear.

I do not want to sound like my ethics teacher, but if you do not correct an individuals problem what happens? It becomes a truth.
I agree, which is why I wrote it's important that the individual who wrote the hate message realize their behaviour is not condoned.

Google is not a relevant source of law.
I don't understand where this is coming from.

In Canada, you can file a complaint under the charter which then processes the complaint to a Human Rights Officer. The officer then will investigate and will determine whether or not it is relevant enough to proceed with hearings and/or if something can be negotiated(negotiations only exist under employment statues). The complainee will not have to be present at the tribunal nor commission as the commission acts on their behalf. The cost? FREE!

The only way to pay for something under the charter is if you take the law and pursue it as a civil matter. Thus law suits.
Doesn't the CHRC only determine whether the complaint is substantiated if it does it proceeds to the CHRT where the CHRC does not represent the complainant? I will also mention the CHRT cannot award legal costs in their decision. Based upon those two things my understanding was that you would require a lawyer and that you would be required to cover the costs of legal representation. I could be wrong.

Pilon, I hate being over analytical but I believe in equality, no matter the burden placed upon us.
If this is to suggest I don't believe in equality I will let you know I do!

I understand your stance. What we disagree on is how we would handle that message if it were us who received it instead of slowmode. I am confident that all of us would handle it appropriately.

Not surprising at all that a female wrote this.  I have a teenage daughter, and some of the vile bilge that shows up on her facebook page would make Atilla the Hun blush, all of it from girls.

Pilon said:
I don't understand where this is coming from.

That was my pro active way of detering the google lawyers ;) I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean...

Doesn't the CHRC only determine whether the complaint is substantiated if it does it proceeds to the CHRT where the CHRC does not represent the complainant? I will also mention the CHRT cannot award legal costs in their decision. Based upon those two things my understanding was that you would require a lawyer and that you would be required to cover the costs of legal representation. I could be wrong.
If this is to suggest I don't believe in equality I will let you know I do!

I only know this because of articling. Spent a year doing it back in school and it is not a fun task...The courts want to ensure the integrity of the human rights commission under the charter. So they will only look behind the matter to investigate other facts if they exist. Other then that, the onus for investigation and hearings is left upon the provincial human rights commissions. If you are at all interested check out your provinces human rights & multiculturalism act for exact process of complaint received to commissions. It should also display near the purpose that the cost is free. For monetary gains,  depends on circumstances. Civil yes you should retain counsel, but for the commission route, you do not have too nor do you even have to be present.

I understand your stance. What we disagree on is how we would handle that message if it were us who received it instead of slowmode. I am confident that all of us would handle it appropriately.

I agree. With discrimination - no matter where or how, it is something that I am strongly against. As I stated before, do nothing, or go the road that won’t bring up acquisitions of defamation (or slander in the US) pending on circumstances hint hint: don’t post it on your facebook, not a good way to spread the news. Teach her a real lesson - that is my arguement ;)

Cheers,

lennoj said:
That was my pro active way of detering the google lawyers ;) I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean...

I only know this because of articling. Spent a year doing it back in school and it is not a fun task...The courts want to ensure the integrity of the human rights commission under the charter. So they will only look behind the matter to investigate other facts if they exist. Other then that, the onus for investigation and hearings is left upon the provincial human rights commissions. If you are at all interested check out your provinces human rights & multiculturalism act for exact process of complaint received to commissions. It should also display near the purpose that the cost is free. For monetary gains,  depends on circumstances. Civil yes you should retain counsel, but for the commission route, you do not have too nor do you even have to be present.

I agree. With discrimination - no matter where or how, it is something that I am strongly against. As I stated before, do nothing, or go the road that won’t bring up acquisitions of defamation (or slander in the US) pending on circumstances hint hint: don’t post it on your facebook, not a good way to spread the news. Teach her a real lesson - that is my arguement ;)

Cheers,

Karma has a way of hitting people back. I can see her eventually getting something back due to Karma. The point is that this is just unacceptable and until you address it to people it wont fully "stop".  I'm a very layed back person so I dont go all boggled up on trying to "get revenge". Instead I thought best thing to do for this type of situation was:

1. Analyze it
2. Look at why she wrote it , during this situation she had no motive at all, considering we've never even had a relationship.
3. Even if there was no motive why would the person do it
4. What type of action should be ensued on the individual who did this
5. Last, should this action be direct or indirect. For example, should I tell everyone LOOK WHAT SHE DID or should I just inform everyone that "someone" did this; just to let the public know what goes on.

In the end I believe I made the right choice. The fact of the matter is the individual read the facebook replies on the note. I dont know about anyone here but I'm sure reading what people thought about what she said is punishment enough.

slowmode
Cheers

Whether or not she learnt a lesson in accountability for her actions will not be known. The karma snake is bound to bite her on the a$$ ;)

Slowmode, I am not sure of your age or who you are, but you seem intelligent and your approach to standing up to hate is a good one. With a delicate issue such as this. Be awfully careful in your approach for a resolve as our system is not perfect and sometimes if a matter is seen as retaliation it’s a no win for either party. 

Other then that, go leafs go!

Back