• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals

Remius said:
https://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/us-election-bluster/index.html

Sorry about that.

Quoting from your link,

More recently, after Tuesday's election results came in, real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump called for "revolution!" and urged his 1.8 million Twitter followers to "march on Washington and stop this travesty."

He further called on them to "fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice," while proclaiming the country was now in "serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before." Trump has since deleted the revolution missive.

Post noted that Trump was at the forefront of the so-called "birther movement," which falsely claims Obama wasn't born in the United States, so he wasn't surprised to see Trump sound off, but "the intensity of that was rather shocking."

tomahawk6 said:
The Duchess wanted to move to the US as long as Trumpp isn't President.

Good luck to Meghan and Harry wherever they end up.

tomahawk6 said:
I recall after his election a number of Hollywood celebs vowed to move to Canada but I don't think any did much to my chagrin. I got through 8 years of Obama so they should too.

Like we need any more useful fools.

Brihard said:
I get the optics of it, and yeah it sucks. I don't really think it can be helped. Like I said, not his fault he happens to be the grandson of the head of state, and a part of a family that is permanently at significant risk. Ultimately it doesn't really need to be 'sold' to anyone; it just gets done out of whatever budget is appropriate and people can deal with it. There'd be a little bit of noise from a few advocacy groups like the CTF, and then people would move on to the next bit of media nonsense.

You're probably right my friend, it'll just get done.

I think if enough people get upset (like, livid as we seen in the case of Terri-Lynne McClintic getting sent to a being house) we might see the government backtracking and reversing a decision or going against policy. But this is hardly the same situation or cause to be so upset. Few million for security is a drop in the bucket.

I'm not sure of the police (probably RCMP?) would see this as a jammy go or not enjoy the job. It would doubly suck for an RCMP officer/s to have to uproot their family and move just to provide security for Harry and his wife I would think.

Jarnhamar said:
I'm not sure of the police (probably RCMP?) would see this as a jammy go or not enjoy the job.

You get to wear cool sunglasses.  8)
https://twitter.com/rcmp_nat_div/status/1185198715117674498

Jarnhamar said:
It would doubly suck for an RCMP officer/s to have to uproot their family and move just to provide security for Harry and his wife I would think.

And family.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQ_UI4iCyBVtUOVZcev9L-JSqUNVw%3A1579046911488&source=hp&ei=_1ceXri1G8_0swWdkZfABg&q=meghan+harry+children&oq=meghan+harry+children&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39.2243.8748..9253...1.0..0.237.2825.1j18j2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0j0i131i67j0i67j0i131i20i263j0i3j0i324j0i10j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.KyCHHfn7pJk&ved=0ahUKEwj4sPaRqITnAhVP-qwKHZ3IBWgQ4dUDCAs&uact=5#spf=1579046921671

Jarnhamar said:
I'm not sure of the police (probably RCMP?) would see this as a jammy go or not enjoy the job. It would doubly suck for an RCMP officer/s to have to uproot their family and move just to provide security for Harry and his wife I would think.

Tough - RCMP candidates/officers are well aware that they can be posted to any area of Canada as they are needed. If a person took this job and didn’t realize those risks, too bad.

I didn’t pursue a career with a certain intelligence agency for that very reason. No way my spouse would have agreed to it.

Attachments

• Royals1.JPG
    Royals1.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Royals2.JPG
    Royals2.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 85
Czech_pivo said:
Tough - RCMP candidates/officers are well aware that they can be posted to any area of Canada as they are needed. If a person took this job and didn’t realize those risks, too bad.

I didn’t pursue a career with a certain intelligence agency for that very reason. No way my spouse would have agreed to it.

Sure.  That does not mean they have to like it or enjoy it.  But hey, we can keep treating them like hot garbage and wonder why there might be a retention issue. 

Just like in the CAF. 

I'm willing to bet that a lot of guys that might get voluntold for that gig are guys that put in their time on less than glamourous or coveted posts to get to where they are.   

Czech_pivo said:

Respectfully, I’m going to suggest you’re talking well outside of your arcs and without requisite knowledge of how the RCMP solves operational manpower needs both short and long term, or how specialty roles like VIP protection are handled- that’s not something that just any (or even most) RCMP members are qualified to do.

In this case, the decision to set up shop in Canada by the Sussexs will not happen overnight. In the interim if it were necessary to deploy some RCMP members who are VIP trained on essentially a TD task, that could be done, albeit at considerable expense. Longer term, establishing a dedicated protective unit would be a bit laborious but pretty straight forward. I expect this would be a desirable enough full time job that a competition for these roles would get a good number of applicants. Like any postings it takes time, but it would be pretty straightforward.

In today's news,
Meghan and Harry were forced to remove claims from website RoyalSussex.com that they are entitled to personal bodyguards due to their status, despite opting to 'quit' royal firm
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=641&tbs=qdr%3Ad&sxsrf=ACYBGNQAUO_xASknygabqU-glZQXBJeFDw%3A1579103629986&ei=jTUfXqXVO6W0ggeIkrbgCw&q=%22internationally+protected+people%22+meghan+harry&oq=%22internationally+protected+people%22+meghan+harry&gs_l=psy-ab.12...3791.5233..7502...0.0..2.261.1540.0j5j3......0....1..gws-wiz.EukgTqTh1TE&ved=0ahUKEwjlz7a3-4XnAhUlmuAKHQiJDbwQ4dUDCAo#spf=1579103640312

this whole thing is turning into a bit of an a$$.

https://modernfarmer.com/2014/06/modern-farmers-guide-guard-donkeys/

Remius said:
Sure.  That does not mean they have to like it or enjoy it.  But hey, we can keep treating them like hot garbage and wonder why there might be a retention issue. 

Just like in the CAF. 

I'm willing to bet that a lot of guys that might get voluntold for that gig are guys that put in their time on less than glamourous or coveted posts to get to where they are. 

If I was a newish RCMP officer and had the chance of Nunavut, Tuk or Vic Island, I easily know what I'd be taking.

Angus Reid

January 15, 2020
Royal Tab: Vast majority don’t want to pay costs associated with the Sussexes’ move to Canada
http://angusreid.org/harry-meghan-canada-monarchy/
Nor do Canadians care to pay for his and his wife’s security and other expenditures associated with their stated intention to spend at least part of the year in Canada, while “stepping back” from official duties. Nearly three-quarters (73%) of Canadians say “no thank you” to the prospect.

Czech_pivo said:
If I was a newish RCMP officer and had the chance of Nunavut, Tuk or Vic Island, I easily know what I'd be taking.

If you were a newish RCMP officer you would not be with Protective Services either.

Private security will be bought by the Duke and Duchess. Hope reality sets in and they go back on the public purse. Their brand may not be worth as much as they expect.

The way forward ?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/01/13/prince-william-take-note-queen-kept-rebellious-sibling-side/

tomahawk6 said:
Private security will be bought by the Duke and Duchess.

Hopefully they will stay safe.

[quote author=Czech_pivo]

[/quote]

Are you regular force military?

Back