• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan had perfect platform for their ambitions, but royal life didn't pay enough

I’m adding that Meghan is viewed much like YokonOno was when the Beatles broke up.

I think the royal family is on a downward slide that will accelerate when the Queen packs it in.

🍻
As much as I support our (and I suppose, by extension, the UK's) form of constitutional monarchy government or, more importantly, what it would put our country through to change it, I fear you are right.

Nothing good happens when a Royal gets involved with an American woman.

I find it odd that this is playing out on political lines right now in the US media. The right wing media seems to be supporting the royal family and left wing media seems to be supporting Harry and Meghan.

I don’t get it but I suspect the whole “racist” / “not racist” thing is what is at play in the US.

I was annoyed when I had to work and missed their wedding. I'm over it now. He never should have married her. I suspect that arranged marriages to third cousins are starting to look a little bit better now.

I suspect that arranged marriages to third cousins are starting to look a little bit better now.
I suspect that Ancestry.com may become the royal dating site of choice.

Nope they'll have a bevy of staffers "leak" stories to a fawning press.

🍻
Much like the former royals are telling their side to a fawning US media... They appear to want to be celebrity's not royals, and that's cool, but they seem to be going about it in a very polarizing way.

Junior royals have freedom of choice, just like everyone else. If you want out, you're all the way out, and there are consequences for that choice. Now the chickens have come to roost, they want to burn down the house they up till recently enjoyed sleeping in.

Junior royals have freedom of choice, just like everyone else. If you want out, you're all the way out, and there are consequences for that choice. Now the chickens have come to roost, they want to burn down the house they up till recently enjoyed sleeping in.
Yeah but in what part of the constitution does it say that? It's a flexible little family that can make up those kind of rules as it goes along. Just take a look at the differing degrees of "participation" there is by the various members of the royal family as it sits now. When is the last time someone has seen Princess Anne's kids doing any heavy lifting.

I'm not holding a candle for Meghan here but Harry's connection to the military was a solid benefit for the family which alone should have been enough to cut him some slack.

It's pretty obvious that some folks--by which I mean amongst the myriad of courtiers and handlers in the Establishment--got their noses out of joint. My guess is that there are probably more petty jealousies and rivalries amongst the many aides then within the family itself (although IMHO Charles has been a d*ck for a considerable period of time) and that these have made their axe grinding a very public issue in the ever receptive Brit press.

🍻

Yeah but in what part of the constitution does it say that? It's a flexible little family that can make up those kind of rules as it goes along. Just take a look at the differing degrees of "participation" there is by the various members of the royal family as it sits now. When is the last time someone has seen Princess Anne's kids doing any heavy lifting.

I'm not holding a candle for Meghan here but Harry's connection to the military was a solid benefit for the family which alone should have been enough to cut him some slack.

It's pretty obvious that some folks--by which I mean amongst the myriad of courtiers and handlers in the Establishment--got their noses out of joint. My guess is that there are probably more petty jealousies and rivalries amongst the many aides then within the family itself (although IMHO Charles has been a d*ck for a considerable period of time) and that these have made their axe grinding a very public issue in the ever receptive Brit press.

🍻
As far as I know, axes weren't out for these two till they told the family business they wanted out, and started shit chucking. Yes, he was in the military. So have royals since there have been royals. Don't get me wrong, his service and his charity work is exemplary. he's a great guy, it doesn't mean everything he does is great. It just strikes me as odd that he happily plugged away at the shit job of being a prince until he married wotsername, then all of a sudden it was too much. IMHO, the fam should just tell them to fuck all the way off and live the free, private, non public life they asked for.

As far as I know, axes weren't out for these two till they told the family business they wanted out, and started shit chucking. Yes, he was in the military. So have royals since there have been royals. Don't get me wrong, his service and his charity work is exemplary. he's a great guy, it doesn't mean everything he does is great. It just strikes me as odd that he happily plugged away at the shit job of being a prince until he married wotsername, then all of a sudden it was too much. IMHO, the fam should just tell them to fuck all the way off and live the free, private, non public life they asked for.

I think they tried that already but, like the weird relative that won't leave the basement suite, there's too much money to be made from playing 'frenemy'.

I think they tried that already but, like the weird relative that won't leave the basement suite, there's too much money to be made from playing 'frenemy'.
Ding, ding, ding!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The UK press was incredibly unfair and, in my opinion, blatantly racist towards the young lady. And one thing we are consistently reminded of me that a lot of people are told what their opinion should be, and then spout whatever that is as if it truly is their own opinion. Piers Morgan is a good example -- he will say whatever nonsense he does, and a certain segment of society will believe that & run with it, regardless of it's factuality.

Things must've been pretty unpleasant for them to even have to talk about the skin tone of their baby - that shouldn't be a conversation people should even have to have, especially in modern times - and leave a life of guaranteed wealth & protection.

The UK press was incredibly unfair and, in my opinion, blatantly racist towards the young lady. And one thing we are consistently reminded of me that a lot of people are told what their opinion should be, and then spout whatever that is as if it truly is their own opinion. Piers Morgan is a good example -- he will say whatever nonsense he does, and a certain segment of society will believe that & run with it, regardless of it's factuality.

Things must've been pretty unpleasant for them to even have to talk about the skin tone of their baby - that shouldn't be a conversation people should even have to have, especially in modern times - and leave a life of guaranteed wealth & protection.

Pot, meet kettle.... Harry's had his own issues with racism:

Video nasty: Prince Harry faces racism inquiry over footage of 'Paki' remark​

Prince Harry faces the prospect of what in polite army circles is called an interview without coffee - and in less polite ones "a bit of a bollocking" - over video footage in which he called a fellow cadet at Sandhurst a "Paki" and another a "raghead".

The extracts, much of which the prince shot himself, appeared to be his latest successful attempt to shoot himself in the foot. The remarks, which were splashed in the News of the World yesterday, were roundly condemned by politicians and some British Muslim spokesmen.

Back