• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamilton, ON

CDNGamma

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

    I have been looking for contact info on a reserve unit in Hamilton, On. It is a Service unit. on James street north near the water. I can only find NAVY units there, but not service unit. If anyone can provide me with info I would be greatful. I also know they parade on thursday nights.
 
M

MikeL

Guest
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/units-unites/unit-unite-eng.asp?id=206

Join Our Unit

CF Reserve Barracks Hamilton
650 Catharine Street North
Hamilton, OntarioL8L 4V7
(905) 972 4014
 

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
2
Points
430
31 Service Battalion has a company based in Hamilton at the HMCS Star location on Catherine St N, if I'm not mistaken.  Phone: (519)-660-5275, which is actually in London at Wolseley Barracks.
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
436
Points
880
Or did you mean The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment):

John W. Foote, VC, CD Armoury
200 James Street North
Hamilton, Ontario
L8N 4C1
(905) 972-4001

Found here (first hit). 
 

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
2
Points
430
PMedMoe said:
Or did you mean The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment):

They're infantry, not a service battallion.  ;)
 

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
2
Points
430
PMedMoe said:
Yeah, I get that. 

My reply was based on this:

;)

James St. Armories are actually downtown, but I'm from Hamilton and didn't expect you to know that.  The reserve unit near the water is the Service Btn.  ;) 

The RHLIs, ASH of C, and a Sigs Sqn are at James St.
 

Bluebulldog

Full Member
Reaction score
5
Points
230
Occam...you mean 23 Svc. Bn.

A know a few of them. They actually do a lot of their training out of JFA, but you are correct, their actual HQ is on Catherine St. Same as HMCS Star.
 

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
2
Points
430
Bluebulldog said:
Occam...you mean 23 Svc. Bn.

A know a few of them. They actually do a lot of their training out of JFA, but you are correct, their actual HQ is on Catherine St. Same as HMCS Star.

Ooops...someone hasn't updated the DND internet site - http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/31cbg_hq/units-unites/index-eng.asp refers to a 31 Svc Bn.

However, the 2 ASG website on the DWAN refers to 23 Svc Bn, which is comprised of 23 Fd Amb, 705 (Hamilton) Comm Sqn, 2 Int Pl and 31 MP Pl...and even that doesn't look like it's been updated lately.
 

Bluebulldog

Full Member
Reaction score
5
Points
230
Occam said:
Ooops...someone hasn't updated the DND internet site - http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/31cbg_hq/units-unites/index-eng.asp refers to a 31 Svc Bn.

However, the 2 ASG website on the DWAN refers to 23 Svc Bn, which is comprised of 23 Fd Amb, 705 (Hamilton) Comm Sqn, 2 Int Pl and 31 MP Pl...and even that doesn't look like it's been updated lately.

Whats that? ........outdated and incomplete info?.........never!! :sarcasm:
 

CFR FCS

Full Member
Mentor
Reaction score
0
Points
0
23 Svc Bn Hamilton, 21 Svc Bn in Windsor have been amalgamated with 22 Svc Bn in London all of which are part of 31 Bde , hence the new name 31 Svc Bn. Each city has a Coy sized element with the Bn HQ in London. This happened a couple of years ago.
 

Bluebulldog

Full Member
Reaction score
5
Points
230
CFR FCS said:
23 Svc Bn Hamilton, 21 Svc Bn in Windsor have been amalgamated with 22 Svc Bn in London all of which are part of 31 Bde , hence the new name 31 Svc Bn. Each city has a Coy sized element with the Bn HQ in London. This happened a couple of years ago.

Seen. My apologies, as some of us still refer to it as 23, same as the Field Ambulance.
 
Top