• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Which one? Lots of them out there on this one.

Meanwhile, another good point raised ....
I can't answer for him, of course, but having pored through the reviews:

Released within a year of the events:
Victory at Entebbe, apparently was not great.
Raid on Entebbe, received awards.

Released in '79:
Operation Thunderbolt, most realistic, worth watching.

Recent release:
Entebbe (2018), hot garbage (obviously)

Judging strictly from chronology: the first two would obviously have been rushed. And the last would be warped (similarly to the recent All Quiet on the Western Front, btw Daniel Brühl starred in - or cursed - both movies) and stripped from its cultural and historical context, for which it compensates, according to critics, by incessantly stating the obvious. Only Thunderbolt seems, to me, to have been released in an appropriate timeframe.

ISW's been decent covering the UKR-RUS war, so here's their interactive map tracking the ISR fracas ...
... whazzup in the broader Mid East ...
... as well as their daily updates

Mercedes Stephenson with Global is reporting CANSOF generally and JTF2 specifically are on the ground in Israel as embassy security and to ‘liaise’ with IDF.

I don’t know to what extent JTF2 would be tasked to secure an embassy, particularly given Israel’s own security apparatus. Nor can I imagine many reasons IDF would be interested in ‘liaising’ with CANSOF in their own domestic war. But I can imagine one, if any CANCITs remain hostages.

Mercedes Stephenson with Global is reporting CANSOF generally and JTF2 specifically are on the ground in Israel as embassy security and to ‘liaise’ with IDF.

I don’t know to what extent JTF2 would be tasked to secure an embassy, particularly given Israel’s own security apparatus. Nor can I imagine many reasons IDF would be interested in ‘liaising’ with CANSOF in their own domestic war. But I can imagine one, if any CANCITs remain hostages.
We do have a mission in Tel Aviv, but we also have one in the West Bank. Op PROTEUS is also mixed up in this mess, and there is a nonzero risk of another Hess-von Kruedener situation.

The liaison/security tasks could be linked to those.

Na, traffic and parking is too brutal.

If protestors can shut down traffic downtown, and came close to shutting down the Gardiner, I don't think it too far-fetched for police planners to consider the possibility protesters could try to blockade car and bus traffic attempting to move in and out of Pearson.

For clarification, I don't mean attacking anyone , or anything. I meant blocking traffic.

Downtown, Gardiner, Pearson, subway, etc...

Or, the subway, as happened in NYC.

Pearson is - very - well served by GTA transit. So, no problem getting bodies there. Combine that with a slow moving rolling blockade of vehicles, with a few "accidental" vehicle breakdowns at choke points....

I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, but it's a good sign. I'm wondering if some of these products have been 'air tagged' to trace them into Hamas defensive positions.

Regardless, something else to keep the opposition busy while you're trying to extinguish them all ;)

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Thousands break into aid warehouse in Gaza​

Nearly three dozen trucks entered Gaza today in the largest aid convoy since the war began, but humanitarian workers said the assistance still fell desperately short of needs after thousands of people broke into warehouses to take flour and basic hygiene products.

Israel has allowed only a trickle of aid to enter. A spokesperson at the Rafah crossing, Wael Abo Omar, told The Associated Press that 33 trucks of aid entered the only border crossing from Egypt today.

In a period where fiscal restraint in DND is getting lots of air time, one has to wonder if the deliberate leaking of a SOF deployment is intended as a public communications effort to protect their budget over those of other parts of DND/CAF.

In a period where fiscal restraint in DND is getting lots of air time, one has to wonder if the deliberate leaking of a SOF deployment is intended as a public communications effort to protect their budget over those of other parts of DND/CAF.
Doubt it…the leaky sieve that is GoC in Ottawa most likely letting those details out as some low-key flex to signal to those whom they believe it matters, aware of its efforts.

Hamas is 100% responsible for the conditions of the Palestinians.
I was just reading how Israel funded Hamas. Why? Because they don’t want to negotiate for Palestinian independence. Israel is 100% responsible for the condition of the Palestinians.

Its actually pretty disgusting when your paying/supporting your enemy because you don’t want to have moderates to negotiate with.

It also makes them directly responsible for the attack that was just made on their people. Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.

I was just reading how Israel funded Hamas. Why? Because they don’t want to negotiate for Palestinian independence. Israel is 100% responsible for the condition of the Palestinians.

Its actually pretty disgusting when your paying/supporting your enemy because you don’t want to have moderates to negotiate with.

It also makes them directly responsible for the attack that was just made on their people. Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.
Sorry, just to make sure we’re clear: You contend that Israel has deliberately funded and propped up Hamas so as to keep the Gaza Atrip governed by extremists? You further contend that the several systematic massacres of Israeli civilians by Hamas terrorists on 10/7 is Israel’s fault? The blame for those atrocities does not lie with Hamas?

Very important that I make sure I correctly understand your position here.

Israel funded Hamas and deliberately let thousands of terrorist into the country on October 7th to justify the obliteration of Gaza. Got it.

Back