• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guy Lafleur appointed honorary colonel of 3 Wing Bagotville

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Guy Lafleur, former hockey player for the Montréal Canadiens, was appointed honorary colonel of 3 Wing Bagotville, Que., during an investiture ceremony at the base on February 16.

“Several organizations throughout Quebec have benefitted and will continue to benefit from Mr. Lafleur’s leadership, and I know that he will create a link between our military community and the public community,” said Colonel Paul Prévost, commander of 3 Wing. “Mr. Lafleur is known for his competitive spirit, just as we are within the fighter community. I already know that he will be an outstanding mentor and role model for the members of 3 Wing.”

Mr. Lafleur is considered the best right winger in the history of the NHL, and today he still holds several club records after 14 seasons with the Montréal Canadiens. He won five Stanley Cups, two Hart trophies, three Lester B. Pearson trophies and a Conn Smythe trophy.

He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame and his number was retired by the Montréal Canadiens in honour of his brilliant career. Today, he is an ambassador for the Canadiens hockey club. Mr. Lafleur was honorary colonel of 3 Wing’s 12 Radar Squadron between 2005 and 2008.

“It’s a great honour for me to be appointed honorary colonel of 3 Wing Bagotville where I have maintained a connection since my mandate as honorary colonel of 12 Radar Squadron,” said Honorary Colonel Lafleur. “My new role will enable me to strengthen this relationship.” ....
RCAF Info-machine, 19 Feb 13

Oldgateboatdriver said:
He's not as good looking in uniform as Colonel Sass Jordan ;) .

[May 10, 1979]

But makes the Army look bad by comparison - isn't Don Cherry an honorary member of the PPCLI?

[/May 10, 1979]

Back