• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guilty plea in HIV-assault case

im in full agreement with the majority of the posts here. This jennifer murphy is obviously a danger to herself and the public. Hopefully she is put in jail this time, and by doing so im sure many lives will be saved.

i can see how being handed this death sentence would make a girl angry and wanting to make others feel the same way. But although she may not be at fault for contracting it in the first place (how many ppl have had unprotected sex and luckly got nothing?) it is her responsibilty now to protect others from it.

Sex does not have to be over, but it does have to be as safe as possible and she should inform partners of her status.  Random partners will ofcourse run for the hills, but surprisingly if someone loves you enough they may stay. Take for example magic johnson. HIV positive for over 15 years still having protected sex with only his wife who in all this time has not contracted the disease.

People just need to be safer but those who are infected and dont should be punished the same as murders. 25 to life. Because if u infect someone with this disease you might as well have killed them. :mad:

xo31@711ret said:
I'm looking forward to seeing what she gets as compared to the recent x CFL player....

No kidding, he got 6 years for his assault. Wonder if being in the position he is (celebrity) they were trying to set a precendent?

JasonH said:
An HIV-positive woman from Newfoundland has pleaded guilty to an assault charge for having sex with a soldier at an Ontario military base.

The article doesn't actually say he was infected, maybe they used protection. All it says is that she had sex with him.

She is still dangerous regardless.

Miss Jacqueline said:
The article doesn't actually say he was infected, maybe they used protection. All it says is that she had sex with him.

If you REREAD the article you will noticed she asked him not to use protection.

Miss Jacqueline said:

Protected?
Aint this like standing down range at a SQN PWT2...on the mound with your helmet on?Sure you may not catch anything...

Good news the two guys came up negative after testing.

thank goodness. I hope that they have learned a lesson there. It is surprising how many guys still dont use anything, you cant put your life in someone elses hands like that, and then be shocked when it turns out you have contracted something.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/14/hiv-infected-woman-faces-new-charges

BARRIE - An HIV-infected woman who became notorious after enticing CFB Borden soldiers to have sex with her in 2005 is back behind bars charged with a similar offence.

Jennifer Murphy, now 38, is charged with aggravated sexual assault after allegedly having unprotected sex with a man in a wooded area in Barrie.
Barrie police, fearing for public safety, sent out a media advisory with her photograph on Wednesday.
“We believe that Murphy has been in Barrie for over a month and may have had sexual contact with various people in the Barrie area,” Det.-Const. Troy Armstrong said.

Police are urging anyone who has had sexual contact with Murphy to seek medical advice and contact the Barrie Police Service.
In 2005, Murphy made national headlines after having sex with two men at Canadian Forces Base Borden, 12 km west of Barrie.
A 22-year-old soldier wept as he testified that he slept with her without knowing about her HIV status. He said he and another soldier found Murphy wandering through the barracks approaching soldiers to have sex with her, and he did.

The young soldier told how he lived in fear that he may end up with AIDS, although at the time, early tests came up negative.
Others in the barracks told stories of how Murphy wandered the halls wearing a pink thong and asking the soldiers to party. But once the charges made the headlines, soldiers were ordered not to speak with the media.

Murphy pled guilty to one count of sexual assault in 2005. She was sentenced to 12 months of house arrest and ordered to go back to her home in Newfoundland.
But days after her sentence ended, she was arrested again in Newfoundland and charged with aggravated sexual assault after allegedly having sex with a man there. The charges were later dropped.

In this most recent incident, Murphy allegedly had sex in a wooded area at Milligan’s Pond with a man who was unaware of her HIV status.
The petite brunette looked worn as she made a brief appearance in handcuffs in bail court Wednesday. Her case was adjourned and she will be back in court Sept. 21.

xo31@711ret said:
IMHO; good ol' arithmetic... strike 1 + strike 2 =  long jail time

Obviously not.

I hope she gets the book thrown at her (finally) and does a LONG time away from society.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
The petite brunette looked worn as she made a brief appearance in handcuffs in bail court Wednesday.

Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves.

Hope she goes away for a very, very long time.

Just so you know, for when you're bar-hopping in Nfld  ;)

1297198156213_ORIGINAL.jpg

Jennifer Murphy

Journeyman said:
Just so you know, for when you're bar-hopping in Nfld  ;)

1297198156213_ORIGINAL.jpg

Jennifer Murphy

[joke mode on]

I'm guessing that person(s) were inebriated at time of "engaging the enemy"  ;)

[/joke mode off]

In seriousness, what she did is criminal I truly feel for the victims. I hope that none of them contracted anything, I really hope.

Toss her in jail and throw away the key. She's ruining their lives!

Even if this woman did not have AIDS, her behavior is not mentally healthy.

Pretty sure that any shrink will tell us that woman going around having sex with men in this manner has some pretty serious psychological problems.  Perhaps Bipolar with symptom of hypersexuality (can't get enough, does not matter who/where/when)

Perhaps the long term solution for her is psychological treatment, aside from the treatment for AIDS. Not saying she does not deserve punishment, but that is a band aid solution. She can go to prison and give aids to someone there too)

Pieman said:
Even if this woman did not have AIDS, her behavior is not mentally healthy.

Pretty sure that any shrink will tell us that woman going around having sex with men in this manner has some pretty serious psychological problems.
OK, let me pre-emptively say that I'm probably regretting this, and I'm not defending her personally whatsoever, but.....

....you've discounted the health (HIV/AIDS) issue, so "in this manner" means promiscuously ("with this disease" rather than "in this manner" would mean "with HIV"). 

By "in this manner," are you suggesting that a legally-aged, not bound by religious-sanction [ie- your church/faith says you can't] male or female who has sex with more than one person, of the same species, who are equally free and psychologically competent to choose, within a non-specified time period, has "some pretty serious psychological problems"?

Without resort to pressing, waterboarding, or even public shaming, I confess. Once...at band camp (I was young).....I had sexual relations with more than one girl (all other conditions above apply) within a fortnight [go on; I'll wait while you google that].

Seriously, I'm not personally confessing or denying any potential "psychological problems".....but I don't think that it applies to the argument you are making. In fact, I'm even going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe you need to get laid.

Have a look at her pic again before you go though, just in case you're in her bar.

You dont see a difference between having multiple partners+liking disco stick and wandering around the shacks in a pink thong asking random strangers for sex?

Container said:
You dont see a difference between having multiple partners+liking disco stick and wandering around the shacks in a pink thong asking random strangers for sex?
Apparently I lacked the prurient interest to read in sufficient detail.

Not me. I read in detail given the locale.....and thought maybe I knew her.......then I got to the picture and was like "phhhhheeeeewwww"

;D

*shoot I blew the punchline- I should have been like-

"Then I got to the picture and I was like 'Mom?'" *

Back