• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gordon R. "Busher" Bennett

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
This just in.  Many in the Armour Corps will remember "Busher" Bennett.  Some may even have served under him when he was RSM of the RCD.  His son, Tim, followed in his footsteps, becoming a RCD, and was once my driver.  All my best condolances to Tim and the rest of the Bennett family.  The Corps has lost a very fine member.

From the 8CH Net:

http://www.oromoctofh.com/Obituaries/65455/

It is with regret that Gordon R. "Busher" Bennett has passed away on Monday, October 3rd, 2011.  Visitation will be held at Oromocto Funeral Home on Thursday, October 6th, from 2-4 and 7-9 pm.  The Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 93 will hold a tribute service on Thursday evening at 7:00 pm at the funeral home.  The funeral service will be held at St. Luke's Chapel, CFB Gagetown on Friday, October 7th, 2011 at 11:00 am.  Rev. Canon Walter Williams will officiate.  Interment will be Oromocto Pioneer Gardens Field of Honor.  For those who wish, memorial tributes may be made to IWK, NB Heart and Stroke Foundation, NB Lung Association or Canadian Cancer Society.  On-line condolences may be made at www.oromoctofh.com 

Shirley LaMontagne
8 CH Association Secretary

This through the RCD Net:

Hello All:

A very sad day for all Dragoons.  We lost one of our Past RSMs - CWO Gordon R. Bennett, CD:
PastRSM from 1975 to 1978

His son MWO Tim Bennett informs us today:

Dragoons.

Long and hard fight.  Unfortunately, as dad would always phrase it, "He has gone to the tank park in the sky and is now on radio silence".  He passed today, 03 Oct at approx 1422 hrs.    Mom is now at home with my brother, sister and their spouses.  I just returned home to pass the new's to our son, who will soon be home from UNB.  Dad / Busher lived a solid life and was everything in a father that a son could ask for.  In addition, he was Regimental throughout and never once had a negative comment or thought about the Corps, Regt or those that he served with.  Many interesting stories, yes, but never negative.  As I do not want pers to think that I excluded them from being infoed, you three are the only ones that I have on my civy email.  However, I know that the message will be passed.  Please extend my thanks to all for their support over the last six months.  Bill, special thanks to you and the CO for not only your moral support but your regimental support and understanding. 

Take Care.

Tim

The Regiment will forward on more details as they come in through Tim.  We will post on the Regimental Website at : www.Dragoons.ca   

We just received this information from Tom Urbanowsky:

It is with the greatest of sadness that I must announce the passing of Mr. Gordon (Busher) BENNETT, Monday the 3rd of October 2011 at 1420 hrs at the DEC Hospital, Fredericton NB...Funeral arrangements will be announced as they become available.  Condolences to the Family will be passed on, on behalf of all the members of The RCD Association, by the Atlantic Chapter.  Individual condolences may be sent direct to the Bennett Family as follows;

Mrs. Kay Bennett, 17 Erica Circle, Oromocto, NB. E2V 2M1, 506-446-850, kaybush596@yahoo.ca

Respectfully yours,

Thomas Urbanowsky
Sec/Tres. 

God Bless All! 

Muggsie
CO's Secretary RCD

I served with Busher when he was a SSM. Great guy, fair and knew when to work and when to play. He'll be missed.

Rest in Peace MWO (Busher) Bennett..  :salute:
Condolences to Family,,Comrade's,, and Friend's  :cdn:
You will be sadly missed.
Dear armoured Brother's,,
Jim is on radio silence. I asked God to transmit a message:
Regi Patriaeque Fidelis,,,
Tim,,, You father was a Soldier's-Soldier. I was a Hussar also.
With sad best regard's...
Scoty B

VIEWING: Will be conducted on Thursday the 6th of October, 2011 from 2 to 4 PM (1400-1600 hrs) and 7 to 9 PM (1900-2100 hrs) at the Oromocto Select Funeral Home, 108 Winnebago St., Oromocto, NB.

The Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 93 will hold a tribute service on Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home.

FUNERAL SERVICE: Will be conducted on Friday the 7th of October 2011, at 11:00 AM (1100 hrs) at
CFB Gagetown NB. St.Lukes Chapel.  Rev. Canon Walter Williams will officiate.

Interment will be Oromocto Pioneer Gardens Field of Honor. For those who wish, memorial tributes may be made to IWK, NB Heart and Stroke Foundation, NB Lung Association or Canadian Cancer Society. On-line condolences may be made at *www.oromoctofh.com

Gordon R. "Busher" Bennett
1933-2011

It is with great sadness we announce the death of Gordon R." Busher" Bennett of Oromocto, NB who died at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Hospital on Monday, October 3rd, 2011. Born in Saint John, NB, he was the son of the late Cedric and Evelyn (Robertson) and the husband of Kay Bennett.

Survived by his loving wife, Kay; two sons, Blair (Deborah ) of North Bay, ON and Timothy (Jill) of Oromocto, NB; one daughter, Catherine Fraser (Jim) of Guelph, ON; four grandchildren, Shawn Fraser, Karey Young, Fallon Bennett and Benjamin Bennett; great - grandchildren, Mackenzie, Haleigh, Jordyn and Tessa; one brother, Russell Bennett (Myrna) of Halifax, NS; two sisters, Lillian Fraser of Saint John, Margaret Bennett of Ottawa, ON.

Predeceased by his parents; one sister Kathleen Fraser.

I was at the viewing last night, there was quite the crowd there.  Gen Clive Milner drove down from Ontario, Col Frank and CWO Don Head flew down. Tom Skelding flew in from the rock....and the Legion did a very nice ceremony there.

The church today was packed, I have never seen so many people jammed in the the Base Chapel.  Gen Milner spoke, and was both, at times, humorous and sad. 

It is very obvious that he was a very special man, and he touched many lives.  He'll be missed.

RIP, Busher.

Thank-you Lance W.
Will pass this on to my 8-CH/RCD on facebook..
Best regard's..
Bold and Swift Brother,,
Scoty B

Here is a link to a YouTube video of General Clive Milner talking about Busher at the funeral:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/eczFVFPcaEk?rel=0

If the link doesn't work, you can access it through the RCD website:

http://www.dragoons.ca/

Back